We picked Winston up tonight!

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
He's doing great. However, our other dog doesn't seem to interested in him. We introduced them outside and she sniffed him over. At first we thought all was good, but once we got inside I could see she seemed a little jealous even though one of us kept showing her attention too. For instance, I was holding her and picked him up and she tried to jump down. I stopped her from getting down so she tried to climb behind my back. :unsure: Also, if one of us is holding the pup she runs over and jumps on the other one. I'm hoping this is short term and they turn out to be the best of buds.

On a positive note, he's a complete sweetheart! :angelheart:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
That sounds so cute. Glad you're having fun with Winston. Dogs are like kids. What kid wouldn't be jealous of a new baby in the house? Things will sort out in the end.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I hope everything settles in soon and they become the best of friends!

It's so hard to do with a new puppy I know, but the most important thing (I think) is to treat the dogs EQUALLY from the beginning. Dogs really do have a sense of "Justice" ("Hey, he got two cookies and I only got one!") and a pack leader shows NO PREFERENCE to any one dog in the pack. :yes: They are all treated equally.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im sure things will settle in. animals seem to accept something that is smaller than them so im sure in no time they will be friends.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
IMO.....I have introduced other dogs or puppies in my family and once had a trainer come in and her advice has always worked. Give them treats together so that they understand that great things happen when they are around each other....Do it often during the day and cut back as they become best buds! Good luck with your new pup!
Roanne

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
aw im sure things will settle in. animals seem to accept something that is smaller than them so im sure in no time they will be friends.

She won't be bigger for long. lol

IMO.....I have introduced other dogs or puppies in my family and once had a trainer come in and her advice has always worked. Give them treats together so that they understand that great things happen when they are around each other....Do it often during the day and cut back as they become best buds! Good luck with your new pup!
Roanne

I will try this!

aawww she'll come around. I'm sure they'll be bff's

I hope so! She adored our Frenchie and I'm hoping these two are equally as close.

I can't tell if she's jealous or scared of him. He keeps trying to play with her but she still doesn't want any part of it. I don't know how she can resist someone so adorable!!

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
They will soon become best friends! It took Gio and Diva a few weeks to get used to each other. Only when we brought Diva home Gio warmed up to her first and she wanted nothing to do with him. They still get jealous of each other from time to time but that's normal. Actually just the other night Diva was sleeping behind a chair and Gio didn't know where she was, so Gio started walking around the house looking around, 10 minutes later Diva stuck her head up and when Gio saw her he ran over and started licking her, it was the cutest thing realizing he was looking for her!

Post pics of the both of them! What kind of dog is your other one?

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
They'll be best buds soon. Next thing you know, they'll start playing in little spurts... then they'll be inseperable!

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Post pics of the both of them! What kind of dog is your other one?

So far I've only taken pics with my phone. I will drag out the camera later and get some. Our other dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She's 20 months. She still runs away from him. It's so cute. He will come charging toward her and she runs to hide from him. Why on earth would she be scared of him? He's just a tiny little thing at the moment.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
So far I've only taken pics with my phone. I will drag out the camera later and get some. Our other dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She's 20 months. She still runs away from him. It's so cute. He will come charging toward her and she runs to hide from him. Why on earth would she be scared of him? He's just a tiny little thing at the moment.

Um, mom...because bullies are FIERCE!!! Nah, but hey, he thinks he is! lol What a little cutie pie!!!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I dont have any other dogs besides Lola so cant really say much just that he is soooooo cute!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.