Hank and Louie

JollyDoc

Jul 16, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy, Peaches, Oliver, Hank and Louie
Hello everyone. My name is Joe, and I'm new to these forums. My wife, daughter and I recently added two bully puppies to our family. Their names are Hank and Louie, ,and they were born June 9. We picked them up two weeks ago. Hank and Louie join three other bullies in our home: Daisy, our oldest, is 12; Peaches is 9 and Oliver is 2 1/2. Daisy and Peaches were adopted from breeders after they couldn't have litters any more. They each came to us when they were about 5. Oliver was found as a stray, and we rescued him from animal control. It was only after we got him home that we realized he was deaf. About 3 months ago, we lost another of our adopted ex-breeders. Her name was Bijou, and she was an extra-special girl. Shortly after she passed, we got word that the breeders we had adopted her from still had one of her daughters, and that girl was pregnant. Hank and Louie are from her litter, so that makes them Bijou's grandsons. We have never had puppies before, only adults, so we would appreciate any advice you guys have.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
First of all, bless you for giving these dogs a forever home.

Second: where are all the pictures???? We LIVE for photographic evidence of bully fabulousness here!

:pics:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: our princess is a retired breeder too. She's an only princess so we can't advise about puppies much either but plenty of others will chime in soon to help. Plus check out the puppies social group. (in the social groups tab toward the top of your screen under the header) I'm sure you will find lots of help there.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcoming home your bulldog puppy is an article on the home page that may help too. And :welcome: and pics please! :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
J

JollyDoc

Jul 16, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
HankTheTank.jpgLouieB.jpgWorkingBoys.jpgHere are our new boys. Louie is fawn and white, and Hank is brindle with a white face.

OP
J

JollyDoc

Jul 16, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
003 (2).jpg004 (2).jpg023.jpgThis is the rest of our crew. The pissed-off lady bug is Peaches. The happy boy riding in the car is Oliver. The last picture is of Daisy (the brindle) with Bijou, the grandmama of Hank and Louie.

OP
J

JollyDoc

Jul 16, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks to all of you for the great advice and reference articles! One question...play time. Normally, we block off a portion of the living room and let the pups have a little free play with their toys, and close supervision. Even though they are getting the hang of potty-training, when they are playing, they frequently will have little pee-pee squirts. We've helped this some with an artificial turf training pad, but it's not perfect. Any advice?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Look at those sweet faces! I do mean ALL of them, not just those chubby, little monkeys. Very neat that you can have the grandsons of Bijou.

Welcome to EBN and congratulations on your new additions.

OP
J

JollyDoc

Jul 16, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Your Hank looks like our Peaches!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.