Need Help!

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Sorry for posting so much but I have so much to learn! Seamus is just shy of 15 weeks old and it seem like he is starting to hump my leg and mark his territory. Isn't this really early? He just started doing this recently. He gets pretty fiesty when he is in his "humping mood" and then when he calms down he is the same sweet dog. Is this normal?

Also, he was doing great in the house without accidents, just a few pee accidents every other day or something. Then today, BAM! It was like 3 accidents right in a row in the house. Different spots but still I don't know what to do. I scold him when I catch up in the act, scoop him up and bring him outside. When he goes outside then I praise him lavishly and hope he starts to get it. Do you think he is starting to mark his territory? Is that why he is peeing more?

Thanks for all your help!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus was the same way! By 4 months he was humping everything in site! We had to get rid of the big size monkey :eek: it was tortued by Brutus :rofl: Just correct him and let him know its not okay(doubt he will listen he is a bullie boy) lol

Brutus took a lot longer than Chanel non bullie to potty train

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..correct the bad behavior..over and over and over! The peeing in the house..I would snap a leash on him and make him be your shadow! If he even looks like he's going to go..jerk the leash..enought only to get his attention..give him the word you use for no..or stop. Then tme him out. Don't let him get away with it. I don't think he's marking yet..probably just lazy and testing you!

ohhhh..and don't apologize for asking questions! That's why everyone is here! :clap:

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook started humping around that age too. It wasn't very aggressive, but it was only towards me and only when he was playing with a certain toy. Usually a firm no was enough to get him to stop. He did try humping the neighbor's dog a few times, but since getting neutered he's been a gentleman to everyone.
We also had a few set backs with Rook having accidents in the house. We'd be doing so well, and then all of a sudden it was like he forgot everything. So frustrating!!! I am sure Rook was doing it just to see what he could get away with, but our vet insisted dogs don't do things like that. Just keep doing what you're doing... Rook required a refresher course in house training during the first few months too. It does get better! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes they will do they will do the humping thing, but it will get a little better. The peeing thing will get better too, just be patient and correct when you see him doing it. They go through stages where they will do good and then slip every once in awhile.

Most Reactions