Raven needs a new toy box..can you show me yours?

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
When we brought Raven home I got a little plastic basket to store her toys. It was a two dollar basket that I got from the dollar store. Well the crate became a chew toy and we have toys all over the house. So it's time to replace it. Looking for a good sturdy toy box that is bully safe, any suggestions? Please post pics if you have a good one you would like to recommend.

Thanks.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
003.jpg What Remy is laying in is just a plastic under the bed tote I picked up at Lowe's. I have to admit he likes to chew on the corners, but he hasn't torn any pieces off of it, but we have to be careful when walking past it. If a bare leg hits the rough, chewed edges it may leave a scratch. I love it, because it's big and low enough that the dogs can reach their toys. And obviously use it to lay in as well. This picture was taken of him the day after he came home from having his prolapsed urethra fixed and having his boy bits removed.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG I love it. He looke like he is getting his drink on..lmao. Remy might get cited for drinking and scooting around in his bin :loco2:She looooves her some plastic, the basket we have is chewed to hell and back, so much so she even has our yorkie chewing on it. I think that might be too wide for the area we keep the toys. My husband always wonders why she needs so much toys..oh well. Just like he needs video games, I need bags and shoes and the pups need their toys.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sadly..we use our fireplace hearth! There is a pile of assorted doggie toys..they help themselves..and leave them strewn ALL over the Living Room floor! :cursing:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I bought buckets and bins and Karly chews them up. I started using a soda crate I got from work and she chews that too but it's more durable. My goal is to train them to put their toys back into the crate! lol

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
We use the floor with great success. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just use large wicker baskets.... one on each floor of the house.... nah, they are not spoiled

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Toys are all over the couch and floors at our house. when we put the toys 'Up' they go in the closet - (its how we rotate toys too!) we tried a metal horse feeding bin. yea, bully proof, but they dragged it all over the house! the NOISE ! ! ! (Metal on Hardwood floors) LOL !

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We also use a plastic tote. Tank loves his toys and often plays with them inside the bin, even picks them up and puts them back in the bin (occasionally). Sometimes he just likes to chew on the bin or the handles. It has survived for 6 months even through all the puppy teething. When this one get demolished, I may have to purchase a little bigger one next time. ;) LOLImageUploadedByTapatalk1343966967.088288.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I crochet this and so far it's intact. It's funny how Usko sometimes "dives" in it:Dlelupussi (2).jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo Likes His Toys March 2011.jpg <--- showing you one that DIDN'T work. Plastic Wicker? They brutalized it - which not only makes a mess but is dangerous for them too probably.

Now we have a big shiny red metal bucket --- like you buy for the patio to put beverages and ice in? Works great.

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
My answer won't be very helpful, but I'll respond anyway :)

We had a soft canvas/nylon type material box in the entry way/makeshift mud area of the house. He didn't really care about the box at all; he just liked to knock it over and take each toy, one by one, to his crate. We finally just decided to re-purpose the container and let him keep his toys in the crate. They stay there for a week or so, and we rotate them out when we clean the crate.

OP
Bizzymammabee

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maybe we will just leave the toys all over..lol. I would love to train her to put the toys back in the bin. My husband laughs at me, whenever he complains that they have too much toys and it's all over the place, I tell him well then train them to put them back. Shoot we haven't had luck with the skin kids so the fur kids will be worse.

I might look for a metal bucket to put it in. I wanted to buy this cute wicker basket but I can see her chewing on that as well.

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Raven's adorable! Love the avatar pic.

My 2 cents: we also use a plastic crate that Kaida likes to both jump in and chew on. Gotta love the little chew monsters we all have, huh?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
We have a wicker basket and a metal bucket, that luckily they are too scared to knock over...but we barely use them anyways...there's always toys all across the living room (they only play/chew with them in there, I'm not sure why) then they have a couple in their pen that they never usually take out of their.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.