we are picking up our puppy tomorrow

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Good Luck with your new puppy! Our new baby will be here this Sunday! We're MORE then excited!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Camera batteries ???? LOL WE NEEEEEEED pix! New puppies are sooo exciting. :)

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
Speaking of camera batteries...I need to find my camera charging cord ASAP!!!! It's MIA!

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
How fun...I took Bailey with me to pick up Renzo, so they got to know each other on the way home.

We took Bruin with us to pick up Lilly. He didn't seem to thrilled, but she was in :luv:

[MENTION=5168]Mountainlover[/MENTION] Maybe a crate for the car ride home, so he feels safe and snuggly. The best place for them to meet would probably be neutral ground.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Speaking of camera batteries...I need to find my camera charging cord ASAP!!!! It's MIA!

Welll, dont just sit there,,, go find it or you'll be in biiiiiiig trouble come Sunday... LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
How wonderful! Introduce them outside..in neutral territory..I know the pup can't be in open spaces yet..but maybe back yard...let them sniff..let's get [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] here..she just did this!

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I assume you are picking up an 8 week old puppy ? From what I understand they have a distinct puppy smell (pheremones ?) that the older dog understands and therefore does not take as a threat. I brought home my second at 8 weeks old to a 9 month old and the 9 month old was completely freaked out, really curious, didn't know what to make of him, following him around and giving us a look that said "Why ?".. after about a day, she acted like he was her puppy, he bit her until she was bloody around the neck (thier teeth are sharp!) and she did nothing about it, let him do what he wanted and he mimicked everything she did. It was really funny. Have fun.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So exciting to bring your baby home. I would just bring pup in and let them see each other, and be right there with pup to see how the older dog reacts. Usually it goes pretty well, Just monitor them and if they play make sure they don't get too excited.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I brought Brutus home at 8 weeks to a 5 year old Pitbull Chanel and we introduced them outside in nuetral terriorty for about 2 mins and then went into our backyard and it was love at first sight. Make sure you have lots of chew toys (although Im sure he will want you toes, shoes and such) LOL

Mkae sure you have a camera and take lots of pics for us :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
It would be unusual for you to have a problem because you are introducing a baby. Your older dog will sense this and won't see any threat so the introduction should go really well. Of course your older dog may sulk, threaten to pack it's suitcase and leave home etc ....... :ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.