Last night with the puppy

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Yea your post just confirms even more that I think in the future I will adopt an older gal or gentleman.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Gunny at 9 weeks gets up once during the night. I will no longer grumble about that. :) May the force be with you.

OP
wouldtick

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
He did great last night, only got up twice.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Maybe it was the transition to his new home making it harder for him to sleep? Hopefully he is getting settled! Last night I took Lola out at 11pm and she didnt wake up tell 5am then played for about 30 minutes then back asleep tell 7am, thats what Im talking about!

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
We got our puppy at 12 weeks and he was holding it for about 4 hrs at a time, so I think he should probably be holding it for at least 3 hours at 8 weeks?!

He's now 15 weeks and can hold it all night (about 7-8 hours). If I want to sleep in on the weekend, I just wake up around 3ish -- at a time I'll surely fall back asleep -- to let him out, then sleep til 8 or 9.

He doesn't complain, because when I wake him at 3 to go out he's usually as groggy and ready to go back to bed as I am :)

Last edited:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I'm going to read this thread the next time I consider getting another puppy!

Kidding aside, Truman was just like this too but what made it worse was that I was SO spoiled with Linus and Bentley. I got both a bit older (15 weeks) and they slept through the night for about 10 hours right from the get go...then we got Truman and he rocked my world. :yell:

OP
wouldtick

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Well he has settled into a schedule. Sleeping about three hours at a time so only getting up twice a night

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.