Last night with the puppy

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
Let him out at 11pm and went to bed at 11:15. He hadn't eaten or drank anything since around 7pm.

12am Wakes me up, goes pee. Good Boy!
1am Wakes me up, goes pee. Good Boy!
3am Wakes me up, lays on his back in the grass and barks and snorts......really buddy? Its 4am! Decides to quit messing around and poops. Good Boy!
4am Wakes me up, pees for 2 seconds...am i dreaming? So sleepy.
5:15am wakes me up, I reach over and get him out of his kennel and lay him on my chest. He goes to sleep.

6am I wake him up before work, he is dog tired. Looks at me like "really buddy"? he is not amused. Revenge is sweet!!! :happydance:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That made me feel like I was out there with you, lol. I sure don't miss those days after having three puppies in the last 1.5 years. It was like have babies. :eek: If he get is fast you'll only have 2ish months left of that, if not might be 4. :ROFL:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: I think he's training YOU!! At 8 weeks..he should be able to hold it for 2-3 hours.. If you let him out every hour..he will probably go..but then he will expect it! Try to get him to go 2 hours..stretching to 3.. You poor thing! :eek:

OP
wouldtick

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
I tried letting him go longer the previous night but he went in his kennel. Just trying to break him of that as he went pee and poop and it had been less than an hour since i had taken him out. His space is just big enough for him to turn around and lie down and i cut off his food and water at around 7pm. It is only day 3 with him, night 4 coming up. Wish me luck!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I tried letting him go longer the previous night but he went in his kennel. Just trying to break him of that as he went pee and poop and it had been less than an hour since i had taken him out. His space is just big enough for him to turn around and lie down and i cut off his food and water at around 7pm. It is only day 3 with him, night 4 coming up. Wish me luck!

:faint:..... Good luck!! :laugh:

OP
wouldtick

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
He is doing great during the day, not one accident today and he does have kennel time. Held it for 2 hours while the kids had a doctor appointment. I will keep you posted as to how he does. Definitely playing with him more tonight to see if i can wear him out, read that this could help him sleep longer.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You are doing a supper job w/Barley already! I'm impressed! I do remember those puppy days too. You're allowing us to relive those days through your experiences, except we're probably getting more sleep than you. Continue to update us:2thumbs:

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I would recommend a pen. By kennel I am assuming you mean crate. In order to prevent my puppies from getting used to pottying in the crate I have always started them off in a pen with a piddle pad. I put them in the kitchen because it is tile and easy to clean. Gotta get some sleep at night. I keep making the pen smaller as they get older and can hold it longer. 8 weeks big pen. When they start to sleep through the night without using the piddle pad I transition them to the crate. Be ready to get up early to prevent accidents when you transition them to the crate.

OP
wouldtick

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
He is doing great tonight, but guess what everyone? I now have insomnia due to the previous nights activities. AWESOME

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I know the feeling, Mila, the deaf dog, would scream like she was dying two hours straight in the early morning hours. Luckily she is learning to entertain herself until we get up. Rudy never had a problem with sleeping through the night.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I feel your pain all to well! I have had Lola a week now and she is doing pretty good but man this getting up in the night is horrible! And she wakes up at 6 and wants breakfast! Life doesnt begin for me tell 9am! I think making sure he is really tired before bed is a wonderful idea thats what I do! Good luck and remember this to shall pass. :lazy2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.