izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Just got back, and from his insurance papers, it's cellulitis with the possibility of abcess. The vet gave us a week's worth of wide range antibiotics. She said that it may help bring the swelling down, but in case it gets worse within 3-4 days, we should see our regular vet. I'm going to schedule an appt just in case. This weekend is a long weekend for us up here, so I don't want to wait until Tuesday to bring him in for a checkup.

His vitals are good including no fever. Which are great signs. But she did add that the swelling may get larger and he may need surgery to drain it out, including inserting a temp draining tube. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - Yup, she said it could have been from anything, including hitting a door the wrong way, which is a Stiggy thing to do. He's so playful, that I wouldn't be surprised that it was a dog bite.

Will post a pic up soon too. I keep on telling him that Thanksgiving is still 2 months away and it's too early to have a turkey neck. :)

On a more downer note, there was a couple before us that had to put their dog down because of a car accident I believe. It was so sad, I overheard her crying through the door when the vet was explaining her sweet pup's condition. They walked out with an empty crate. :(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just got back, and from his insurance papers, it's cellulitis with the possibility of abcess. The vet gave us a week's worth of wide range antibiotics. She said that it may help bring the swelling down, but in case it gets worse within 3-4 days, we should see our regular vet. I'm going to schedule an appt just in case. This weekend is a long weekend for us up here, so I don't want to wait until Tuesday to bring him in for a checkup.

His vitals are good including no fever. Which are great signs. But she did add that the swelling may get larger and he may need surgery to drain it out, including inserting a temp draining tube. Hopefully that won't be necessary.

@desertskybulldogs - Yup, she said it could have been from anything, including hitting a door the wrong way, which is a Stiggy thing to do. He's so playful, that I wouldn't be surprised that it was a dog bite.

Will post a pic up soon too. I keep on telling him that Thanksgiving is still 2 months away and it's too early to have a turkey neck. :)

On a more downer note, there was a couple before us that had to put their dog down because of a car accident I believe. It was so sad, I overheard her crying through the door when the vet was explaining her sweet pup's condition. They walked out with an empty crate. :(

That poor family..:(

My daughter had cellulitis many times..from soccer. It's like an abrasion under the skin that gets infected.. Hurts like heck! Anyway she said it did! Poor Stiggy. :hug: But...in the scheme of things...he will be ok.. So sad the other Family can't say the same

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Tyler had chin/neck inflamation many times. Never quite figured out why, but most of the time there was an abrasion, Mimi bite, bug bite, whatever. We used to use Benadryl and antibiotic ointments with good results. Of course if Tyler seemed at all in distress or it looked infected we took him to the vet. Sometimes I think Tyler was meant to live in a New York penthouse. He had too many allergies to the daily things.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Did they try and drain it? Poor baby, glad it was just that tho. My gosh how these babies make us worry. Sometimes I think they do it on purpose for attention! lol

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I do hope stig get better real soon and it doesn't need anything more than the antibiotics.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Hope Stig is doing better today....
Keep us posted...

@savemejeebus

On the brighter side, Take pictures of him with the Turkey Neck and save them for the Halloween Costume Picture contest in October... A Turket Bulldog is a sure winner ..! :rofl:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Hope Stig is feeling better today. And we should all hug our bullies today in thanks that they are still with us unlike that poor family!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh i will be praying the antibiotics work for stig. poor guy. i was at the vets one am early and the first thing the vet had to do was put a dog down from getting hit by a car. it was so sad i was upset the rest of the day. prayers for stiggy and the other family to. i hug sarah all the time after joining this forum.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, goodnes...hope he is feeling better REALLY soon and I hope it isn't too painful. Poor guy.

Sorry to hear about that other family, I have had a similar experience and it is just so sad.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.