Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I just got back from The Puyallup Fair. It's the largest fair in Western Washington. Every year we are blessed (or cursed) with this fair for 3 weeks in September. Today was the opening day. I got there at 11am, donated some canned goods...and got in free! I walked around in flip flops (bad move) for 2 hours. I came across a dog playpen in a pet kiosk and wanted to know if any of you own one and would it contain O?
http://www.petstreetmall.com/Soft-Side-Play-Yard/9290/4192/
After I found the playpen, I went home. I had to change into shoes...don't go to a fair in flip flops. Too many strollers! So, I went home, changed into walking shoes and headed back. I walked around for 3 more hours, eating and people watching. Anyways, I found another pet kiosk and found these....
Check out my awesome find! (my camera battery ran out of juice, but you get the idea!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tCmhuyiH4w

Last edited:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Re: Advice on dog play pens!

I have always wanted to get a studded collar for Abby and Bella. I always get vetoed by the family. :(

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion

Well, [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] you can show them proof that the little girls look adorable in them. They had them in pink, but O looks better in hot pink and they had a soft pink. We opted for red instead. Orion's personality fits the studded collar...Vegas's doesn't. He is a big softy, but his size is intimidating. The guy gave me a deal on them......17.95 each. (okay, so they aren't real leather...no stamp. They feel like it tho)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

The collars are nice. I love them! :heart: I remember the Puyallup Fair....

Oh, and yeah- that play yard isn't holding Orion. No way! I would be surprised. She needs an Iron Fortress that little girl! With barbed wire! ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yeah I dont think that play yard would hold Cutty and O has much more energy. lol. CUTE collars tho!!! SCORE!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I think Orion would definitely capsize that playpen. However, I have a playpen that is a little different than that one and it holds both my bullies; even on a slippery laminate floor and they have reared up on it. It's a nice alternative to a crate, for longer times away from home or outside containment. This is what it looks like from Petco.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Also, the collars are quite the statement piece. I am pretty sure Linus and Truman would rip each other to shreds with those spikes!

I've never really used a nice collar for my bullies, the only good one I bought was from Coach and Bentley just never cared for it so we gave it away to a more fashion forward pup. :)

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think Orion would definitely capsize that playpen. However, I have a playpen that is a little different than that one and it holds both my bullies; even on a slippery laminate floor and they have reared up on it. It's a nice alternative to a crate, for longer times away from home or outside containment. This is what it looks like from Petco.

yeah...I already have that. Actually I have two together. The problem is...Orion can jump it. This past weekend, we used a cargo net to try and keep her inside the play yard. It kept her in, but if she would have tried, she would have gotten out. Thats what I liked about the playpen. It's completely inclosed.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
yeah...I already have that. Actually I have two together. The problem is...Orion can jump it. This past weekend, we used a cargo net to try and keep her inside the play yard. It kept her in, but if she would have tried, she would have gotten out. Thats what I liked about the playpen. It's completely inclosed.

Hmm, she is a true escape artist. They should make a top for those dog pens, it makes a lot of sense and I am sure there are many other breeds that can easily clear one of those sides.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online