If it's not the washing machine, it's the dryer

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
So over pet beds!!!! On the extra gentle cycle of the washing machine, we've destroyed 3 pet beds for Ellie Mae. She had wet on her pad today when I got home at lunch and it had gotten on the front of her bed. Well, I washed it and put it in the dryer on tumble dry low like the care tag says. What do I see when I get home?? The bottom of the bed ripped ope from the heat in the dryer..........on tumble dry low!!!!!!!!!!!! This one makes the 4th...FML.....FML....

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:

Sounds like it'll be towels and blankets for Miss Ellie Mae for a while.

And yes, I do kiss my bulldog with that filthy mouth. :yes:

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: Soooooo..you're a slow learner...huh? :whistle:

..after washing mine..I lay outside to dry..then just throw in the dryer to soften up for like 5 minutes..:D

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I just ordered 2 tuff beds from k9ballistic. They're supposed to be waterproof and chew proof. Abby has been throwing up a lot lately on her beds and Otis eats everything in sight. I'm going to try the military grade beds.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Bertha gets old kid blankets and towels. I saw the cutest Diva pet bed but she is not worthy of a Diva bed quite yet. But we are close, oh so close!!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Just go to a thrift store and buy some nice 99 cent blankies. :) When they get destroyed, out they go!

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Our last bully would destroy pet beds in 30 minutes, but towels from Wal-Mart would last a couple of months. Now Ellie Mae loves her beds, but the washing machine and dryer obviously don't. She's got 2 soft receiving blankets from Wally World right now.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I have been through so many beds with the washing. Don't know why they make the bottom out of such a different material. They never last more than three or so washes and drys. Kills me. She tends to like to pee a bit on her bed, to mark would be my guess, or maybe that is so she has an excuse to sleep on the bed with me. She does like the tempurpedic mattress. I pretty much gave up and buy her blankets to put in the crate, that way I can wash them weekly with her bath towels. At this point she probably figures my bed and the sofa are her beds so why bother to buy any more dog beds.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am a fan of thrift store blankets, towels, sheets, and even comforters. They hold up great in the wash and allows me to change out there bedding every day or two. If they get chewed or destroyed, I don't feel bad tossing them.