When is to TOO late to cut off a Bulldogs tail?

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Jameson has a corkscrew that is fairly tight. It bothers him sometimes. I chose to keep it due to the vets warning about amputating... He said yes they do it for ones with problems. But can lead to problems down the road with going to the bathroom so unless its medically ncessary keep it

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
Pan has a naturally short nub tail.

When we first got her the vet actually checked to make sure it wasn't cropped.

Every once in awhile we have issues with poo not getting cleaned off properly and have to wipe him. (I say we, but he normally makes me do it.)

But I'm really happy to hear that you have opted to leave that beautiful tail! No reason to cause unneeded pain to our babies.

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Snowy showing off her tail

20120730_213048.jpg

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Everytime I hear about how the tail is part of the spine, it makes me shiver to think about someone having their dogs tail amputated. Glad you're going to leave your babys tail the way it was meant to be alone. My BabyGirls tail is one of those screwed into the booty types and it's real hard keeping it clean and she lets me know. It would be a blessing to have a tail like your babys tail.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: BULLIES ARE BORN THAT WAY!!!!!!! THEY DON'T EVER CUT ENGLISH BULLDOG TAILS OR ANY BULLY FOR THAT MATTER just be lucky you have a TAIL and not a TAIL pocket witch will get infected if you don't clean it. SO PLEASE DON'T EVER CUT A BULLIES TAIL!!!!!!!

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
no :bitching: don't even think about it....the tail is totally perfect and i as a breeder would do anything to have that tail on all my puppies.....think long and hard. The tail is part of the spine.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.