When is to TOO late to cut off a Bulldogs tail?

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
My little girl has the longer straight tail and she's 99% white.View attachment 24853View attachment 24854

Hey our bullys have sort of similar tails, I'm starting to believe its a "white" bulldog thing. Odd but that's usually where I see longer tails.

I won't be removing it, you guys convinced me its not worth the hassle or trouble or pain for bully :)

OP
EBDR35

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Actually you will be surprised to learn that your bully SHOULD have a tail according to the BCA standard. If I ever got into showing, one of the things I would look for is a nice tail! I have 6 bullies, 1 with tail (Ch Trimbull lines) 3 with stubs, and two corkscrews.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Do you have any pictures of what the BCA standard is?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Ummm yeah bullies with a tail is a standard. Their tails are not supposed to be amputated ever. Some have natural corkscrew tails but some do not. Cutty has a perfect piggy tail and Miila has a long one, I love them both and seeing Miilas wiggle makes my heart melt. You would be nuts to not want that. Besides I HATE to see any dog with their tail amputated, never understood it, never will. Just mean and cruel for no reason.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Hey our bullys have sort of similar tails, I'm starting to believe its a "white" bulldog thing. Odd but that's usually where I see longer tails.

I won't be removing it, you guys convinced me its not worth the hassle or trouble or pain for bully :)

Whew! Because that's a great looking tail!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
GLAD you arent going to get rid of it, I just LOVE Miilas tail. ;)

Here is Cutty and miila together. LOVE them both, wouldnt change a thing!
img_1901.jpg

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I fell in love with Arnold because of his tail!! His is about 4 inches long and he is a beautiful brindle boy!! wiggle wiggle wiggle. Glad you changed your mind!!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)

It is not a "white" bulldog thing. I have a white bull dog who has a cinnamon bun tail! It's just a genetic thing, color has nothing to do with it!!!!!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig, my mostly white bully, has a corkscrew tail. Punkin, who has red fur, has a 2-inch straight one. And it's always a delight seeing Punkin wag his short tail of his. Can't help but smile everytime you see it.

Your bully has a beautiful tail. You'll learn to appreciate it soon enough. :)

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Unfortunately Charlotte had her tail removed before I got her (not sure if it was cosmetic or medical) but I feel sad about it and wish she had one. It also makes me uncomfortable in public when people ask why she doesn't have a tail, or why I removed her tail :(

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
It also makes me uncomfortable in public when people ask why she doesn't have a tail, or why I removed her tail :(

That's when you answer with "because she used to beat people who asked stupid questions with it"

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] I work at the National Aviary, you haven't heard a stupid question until you've worked at a zoo.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

If you ever get the urge to see a short curly tail just come back and watch the video. :heart:

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I agree with everybody, keep that nice long tail! Tank has a longer tail too and I have never had to clean his booty, Bre however had a short pocket type tail and I was constantly having to chase her around and try to get her clean...ick!

Here is a pic of Tank, you can see he has a longer tail, it looks broken in the middle though

008-5.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.