When will he get better?!?!?

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
So Seamus is on his second batch of antibiotics for his giardia. He started last Thursday night on a powder that I give to him twice a day (usually wrapped in Turkey or something since it is really bitter tasting). He is also on a bland chicken and rice diet. His poos are still really runny/soft. I am really concerned that he isn't getting better! He is only pooing once or twice a day (which my vet said was normal since he is on chicken and rice) and he is eating, drinking and playing perfectly but I just want his poos to get back to normal! How long until it gets better?!?!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my, I wish I could tell you it's an easy fix, but it is not. My boy went through several rounds of medicines before he came back clear. It seemed like a couple months. He also lost a lot of weight. The powder stuff you are describing is what I think finally got rid of his. It took two full rounds of that stuff. As long as his poo is not shooting out like an explosion that is a good sign. Make sure you put diaper cream on the bum if it looks sore :(

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Thankfully he has not had any diarrhea (knock on wood). It is just runny/soft poo once or twice a day. His bum looks okay. I clean it with a baby wipe when necessary but its not red or irritated. I just wish he would get better!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
How about adding the pumpkin to his food...the canned..100% pumpkin. Not the pie filling. It should help a bit..even with everything else going on!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
No help here but wanted to offer to you support. You and adorable Seamus will get through this! Giardia is a toughie, no doubt, but you've got a good handle on it.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
i think jameson went through 2 rounds before his was gone...you need to keep washing his bedding daily...toys...blankets....it's so contagious

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Hang in there! Lily also went through 2 rounds of meds before it was gone.
I know it somtimes feels like things never end.
The first few months I had Lily it was always something but it will get better!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
So sorry going through the meds and poo myself! I hope he gets better and it will be gone for good soon!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Nothing to add. Just hope he gets better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so that explains my grammar :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
When pooh is soft or runny, time really drags on, no doubt. Hang in there, we're with ya

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
Thanks for all the kind words. Thankfully the giardia does not seem to be slowing him down. We went for a nice long walk yesterday and then he got to play with some puppies yesterday evening. He was all tuckered out at night and slept 6 hours before I got up to let him out! Yay! Hopefully the medicine will start working soon and we will get his poos back to normal!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks for all the kind words. Thankfully the giardia does not seem to be slowing him down. We went for a nice long walk yesterday and then he got to play with some puppies yesterday evening. He was all tuckered out at night and slept 6 hours before I got up to let him out! Yay! Hopefully the medicine will start working soon and we will get his poos back to normal!

Just wondering how Seamus is??

OP
ccurran

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
He is doing great. I definitely think he is gaining weight (will see when we go to the vets on the 7th). His poos are getting a little more solid as the days go on. They are more formed then a big pile of mush (sorry for the details!) so that is good. He is still on his meds and on chicken/rice diet. I am hoping to get him back on his kibble (TOTW) after I am done with the last batch of rice and chicken that I cooked up.

He is a spoiled pup for sure but we are loving having him in our lives! Thanks for checking in!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.