Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will he get better?!?!?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Seamus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: When will he get better?!?!?

Thanks for all the kind words. Thankfully the giardia does not seem to be slowing him down. We went for a nice long walk yesterday and then he got to play with some puppies yesterday evening. He was all tuckered out at night and slept 6 hours before I got up to let him out! Yay! Hopefully the medicine will start working soon and we will get his poos back to normal!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ccurran View Post
    Thanks for all the kind words. Thankfully the giardia does not seem to be slowing him down. We went for a nice long walk yesterday and then he got to play with some puppies yesterday evening. He was all tuckered out at night and slept 6 hours before I got up to let him out! Yay! Hopefully the medicine will start working soon and we will get his poos back to normal!

Just wondering how Seamus is??

Bulldog(s) Names
    Seamus
    Likes (Received)

He is doing great. I definitely think he is gaining weight (will see when we go to the vets on the 7th). His poos are getting a little more solid as the days go on. They are more formed then a big pile of mush (sorry for the details!) so that is good. He is still on his meds and on chicken/rice diet. I am hoping to get him back on his kibble (TOTW) after I am done with the last batch of rice and chicken that I cooked up.

He is a spoiled pup for sure but we are loving having him in our lives! Thanks for checking in!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

My boy Oliver, who I have had since he was 8weeks, was found to have Giardia, after many months of trying to clear up diahrria. He had it from the start. Anyway, he is now 2.5 years old and no longer test positive for giardia, but he has still NEVER really had a solid normal poo. I have tried many foods, pumpkin, limited ingrediant diet etc.. but still always the same. Anyway, he is perfectly fine, happy, healthy etc... He is definately on the small side, which is likely related to having the giardia at a critical growth time. By the way, I recently realized that Diamond, the manufacturer of TOTW, has repackaged it for Costco under the name Natures Domain at a much better price for basically the same recipe.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Seamus
    Likes (Received)

Yes my sisters American Mastiff had giardia when she was little as well and they think her growth was "stunted" (she is still 165lbs) as a result. Seamus is perfectly happy and healthy and I am hoping that his next stool test will come back normal. I have started to re-incorporate this kibble into his food so hopefully we can wean him off chicken and rice diet. I was worried that he wasn't getting enough of the proper nutrients on chicken and rice. Anyway thanks for the info about TOTW. We don't have a Costco membership nor is there one very close to us but maybe I will look into it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads