Need Pee Help

Sooner

Jul 22, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Hello all looking for some advice,

Our rescue Mack has been with us since Saturday afternoon and is adjusting well except for his toilet habits. He is walking ok on a leash but has it seems he has no interest in doing his business on one. I walked him yesterday morning for a good amount, nothing and then brought him back in house and whammo pee. So figured yesterday afternoon we would have an afternoon outdoors with him and nothing not interesed in it. Late last night I decided to take him to the dog park let him of the leash and within 10 minutes we had a pee and a poop. So now this morning nice half hour walk nothing and back in the house leash off pee again. I took the paper towels used to soak up his pee and put outside by a tree told my wife to take him there about a half hour after I left for work. Should I try the pee pads in house or fake grass. When we walk I take him were I know dogs walk and pee but he really has no interest in even sniffing around I lead him to trees, fire hydrants, utility poles, street signs tried them all. He's an adult but is this just puppy stuff to deal with, we havent had a rescue before so we don't know how bad he's had it or exactly what to do. I don't have a fenced yard where he can be off this leash we live in a little village and don't want to take him to dog park again so he thinks thats the only place he can go.

Thanks for any advice

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Maybe try a Leash to a Harness? vice a Collar ? what type of Collar is it? does it pinch him in anyway ? maybe try to turn your back on him, he might be 'shy' (Gizmo buries her face into the fence when she Poo's why? we dont know...but we figure she's shy LOL)

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I have franklin off the leash most of the time he's a puppy so he stays with me. I first put a collar on him he hated it wouldn't walk, go potty then I put a harness on him. he seems to like it better. he'd rather be naked but he goes to the bathroom in it. That's all that matters. Good luck :walk:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Try and watch for other dogs peeing then take him to it hopefully he will pee to mark his territory,karen

LucyLou

Jul 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
We got our boxer at 5 months old and she refused to pee or poop while on leash. We found out that the breeder had taught her that...which is great when you have a yard to let her go do her business in but not so good when you live in the city and need to walk her. Dog parks were not so easy to find and a bit of a pain in the butt. We tried everything (retractable leashes, staying out for longggg periods of time) but nothing worked. We had to resort to going somewhere we could let her off leash. She is now 6 years old and still has this habit....thankfully we have now moved to a house with a huge fenced in yard so it's not an issue any more.

OP
S

Sooner

Jul 22, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Quick update my wife took him for a little walk and we have liftoff he peed in the grass down the street. Hopefully this continues and he will do it for me. As far as leashes we have used collar and harness and combo with lead and retractable. Vet the afternoon to check health I'm so happy, he is such a sweet guy.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.