Need suggestions

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I have to have surgery on my arm soon..blech. I won't be able to lift anything over 10 pounds for 2 loooooong months. How the heck am I gonna get Zoey in bed with me? I tried those kitchen step stools and she looks at me like I am nuts. Asked hubby to build her steps, but he looked at me like I had an alien bursting out of my chest or something. I don't think that is all that much to ask, but apparently he is more worried about piddly stuff like cleaning and cooking?!?! Suggestions welcome!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
You can find steps on the internet from different pet supply companies.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I'm sorry I acn't help you with steps but i guess your hubby is only thinking of his tummy LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Google Amish wooden dog steps. My neighbor bought some and they will hold a Bully..where the plastic ones are more for cats! Let me know if you don't find them..I'll get the name of website! Also..good luck with your surgery..:hug:

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
We use a cat-stool. It's covered in carpet, and it's only a foot tall. I even bought a second one for the couch after I had back surgery. Lupe has used this since she was a pup, so she's comfy and (I think) likes the carpet factor. Good luck with everything!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Asked hubby to build her steps, but he looked at me like I had an alien bursting out of my chest or something. I don't think that is all that much to ask, but apparently he is more worried about piddly stuff like cleaning and cooking?!?! Suggestions welcome!!

:ROFL:

OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Hubby works midnights so he is gone when I go to bed. I will google the steps and see what I can come up with. Would be so much cheaper for him to build them but hey if he won't help me.... He also told me last night there are support groups for people like me :lmao:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
:D your funny .!

Why not use a sofa's seat cushion .? You can slide it back under the bed in the morning...

LucyLou

Jul 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I tried the steps you get at pet stores and they didn't work so well even for my Boston so couldn't imagine a bully using them very easily. We ended up building a box that we covered in carpet so the dog could jump onto the top of the box and then up onto the bed. We made sure is was wide enough so that he could fully jump up and then jump on the bed. The store bought ones I found the issue is the steps are so tiny.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I've had a bunch of back surgeries so I'm not allowed to lift more than 10 pounds either. You're lucky, you only have that restriction for 2 months

I have my son lift the Abby onto my bed since it's too high for even steps to reach. Last night Senor Otis got slick. There's a laundry basket near the bed. At some point during the night I must've knocked the pillows onto that basket because this morning I woke up and he was in my bed snoring. The big headed bugger made his own steps from the laundry and pillows :ROFL:

Last edited:
OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Great suggestions! I will try these and see if she will use them. If not, I am getting the dang hammer and nails out myself and pray I don't hurt myself. Hubby will really get a :spank: if I do!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Probably an extreme suggestion....but I put my bed into storage and sleep on just box and mattress on the floor....not because I can't lift Schultz but I was too afraid he would hurt himself jumping up and down.....just a thought....

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.