help on keeping my bullie clean.

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
ok so chuchy turned 1 year old on may and now in the summer has been a really challenge keeping him clean. his wrinkles on his face and his hears get soooo dirty, i clean him daily but the next day it looks like i never cleaned him beofore. the past summer he was just a baby so that wants an issue but not that he is big its a really big problems, i dont mind cleaning him everyday but i get depress every time i clean him because his wrinkles and hears gets soo dity.

his face wrinkles have no hair left, and its kind of wet inside the wrinkles.

so i was wondering its this issue normal on bulldogs? doesnt the summer has something do with it? what can i do about it other then clean him everyday?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
If the hair is missing and he is tearing a lot it could be allergy related....Dry the wrinkles well and apply some desitin on them. Is there brown gunk in his ears...I would get some Malatec (sp?) and use that to clean his ears. Brutus had an ear infection and there was yeast in his ears (got water in them during bath) What are you currently feeding him? Could also be enviromental allergies....Others will be by with more advice

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Try cleaning the wrinkles, drying and putting desitin in them. I have the same problem with Lola too.

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
If the hair is missing and he is tearing a lot it could be allergy related....Dry the wrinkles well and apply some desitin on them. Is there brown gunk in his ears...I would get some Malatec (sp?) and use that to clean his ears. Brutus had an ear infection and there was yeast in his ears (got water in them during bath) What are you currently feeding him? Could also be enviromental allergies....Others will be by with more advice

im current feeding him wellness complete health mix for adults, when he was a puppy i use the same brand but for puppy.

where can i buy "desitin??

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
im current feeding him wellness complete health mix for adults, when he was a puppy i use the same brand but for puppy.

where can i buy "desitin??

Hi Jorge, it's diaper rash creme, you can get it at any drug store over the counter, or Walmart, Target, any store. Grocery store too. In the baby section or diaper section.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
It could the food/enviromental that is causing the tearing. The desitin can be found at drug stores like CVS, walgreens its what people use for babies when the have diaper rash...If the skin is raw or bleeding you may need a trip to the vet for antibiotics. I prefer Grain Free food for Brutus and chicken free as I dont know what he is allergic to if anything and we have had good results....Most bullies I hear are allergic to chicken, rice. How are is poops? Gross I know lol

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
If it were just the wrinkles, I would guess environmental stuff but with the ears being yucky, I would begin with changing foods. I would go for something without chicken and grain free. Fromm is great but there are tons of good foods out there. I use Natural Balance LID in either Bison or Venison and it works well for my guys. Just keep it dry and whenever possible, pat dry and not rub. I also blow on it to help dry (weird, I know lol). Desitin is great but you have to make sure you just use a little tiny bit. Enough to coat but not gunk it up. You can get it at the grocery store in the diaper rash ointments. Also, before you can put it on, make sure it is DRY. It is a good moisture barrier but it can also trap moisture under it if it isn't dry.

You will soon get in the routine. After you get them cleared up, you can check them every day but don't necessarily need to clean daily. Over cleaning can make it worse. I shoot for every 2nd or 3rd day to clean and I look at them every day to make sure it isn't gunky.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jorge! Nice to see you! Remember on the Desitin..just a tiny dab! Too much will cause other problems! Would love to see new pics of Chucky...

Texkota

Jun 21, 2012
South Riding, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Renzo
Bullies do need a lot of TLC, basically daily cleaning, liked others have mentioned make sure that everything you clean is completely dry after you clean the area. This should help cut down on it being so bad everyday.

OP
Jorge Rodriguez

Jorge Rodriguez

Jul 27, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
chucky
Jorge! Nice to see you! Remember on the Desitin..just a tiny dab! Too much will cause other problems! Would love to see new pics of Chucky...

thanks and by the way i add a new album like a week ago with new pictures of him, take a look at them ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.