Excessive Shedding

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
Abby has been on the Fromm for awhile now..gosh, 3 months maybe? Shes tried the beef,salmon, and the surf n turf...all with the same results as far as shedding goes.

She sheds like crazy! I bought a furminator and a ton will come off while using it, and a zoomgroom that I bathe her with, and also some offbrand shedding shampoo.
I give her salmon oil in the morning too.

IS there ANYTHING else I can do? I literally have to wash her bed everyday from the fur its convered in..I cant touch her before we go somewhere or I'll be covered in hair..she isn't allowed to get on the couch or bed because I would have to vaccuum the couch constantly and wash sheets all the time....

Her actual skin looks great! I need a solution! :ROFL:

Doing a quick google search for shedding I came across DinoVite..anyone heard of it??
I didn't read the website because it seemed like an infomercial, and I would rather hear actual bully owners recommend what they use.

HELP ME AND LITTLE ABBY! :hissycry:

LOL:D

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
My Sarge sheads all the time and my LuLu dosent shead a hair. I think some do and some dont , they get the same food so I think it depends on the dog itself and its genetics.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I have no idea but would love to see the answers you get!!

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
:cry: I hope sooooooomething can be done! lol I might have to make her wear shirts when she's indoors....haha!

Freeze dried food maybe?? vitamins??

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION] recently shaved Chaos because of this with amazing results.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/newreply.php?p=201109&noquote=1

He really looked fine and she said it really helped.

We have found for HRH that she sheds more seasonally, but we were also trying a food switch that didnt go well. Her shedding increased tenfold. So now we have switched her back to Fromm. She doesn't do well on surf and turf though...only beef Frittata. We think she is allergic to both chicken and salmon.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Buddy, his mom Lucy, and Jewel shed like crazy, BeBe and Blondie don't shed that much. I think it just depends on the bully.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
All five of mine shed. And yes, I brush and furmonster thinga ma jigs too..... All five of mine still shed. Shinny , healthy and still..............all five of mine shed. I really considered shaving them cause I have so many , that's the only thing I could figure would work. Still tempted. :yes:

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
You say you use the zoom groom when bathing, but what about other times. My Tank is 7 month and shedding is probably my least favorite thing about him- but i love everything else ;). I have found that if I zoom groom him every few days - outside, of course, it REALLY helps, but there is a trick with the zoom groom. At first, I tried to use it like regular brush, nothing happened, so I thought it was a waste of money. I'd use it in the bath but that was it. Then I saw a post from another EBNer and they were ranting about how good it was and even attached a video showing how to use it correctly. You don't brush, but vigorously rub in circles and against the hair growing direction. It tried it and it was snowing dog hair!! I couldnt believe how much hair was coming off. After zoom grooming, I then use my furminator to get the under coat, then use a regular brush to get off any loose excess. This make a huge difference on all the hair inside my house. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
Totoro

Totoro

Apr 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Little Abby
hehe...yep I do use the zoom groom like that..and often..I might go for the shave option.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
P4280049.jpg Hell, I shave my cat. Why not shave the dogs too? If I thought it would help --- and didn't cost a fortune --- I'd do it. Sushi's annual hairdo runs between $150-250 - depending on what I have done while he's konked out (tests he needs and vaccinations he needs updates on). I wonder what it would cost to shave an EB? With all those wrinkles....? Yikes.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas sheds seasonally very bad and sheds some all the time. I don't think there is anything you can do to stop it. I wish there was a magic solution.

widebody

Jun 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
fatz
im having the same issue... think im a purchase a furminater and some oil

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just gave Wilson a good brushing last night. First up the Kong Groom Zoom, hair flew off him like it was snowing outside. Next up the furminator, it really gets that undercoat fur. Finished up by the curry brush (that's metal brush). He was slick when we were done. :peace2:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Curry brushing Schultz for 10 minutes everyday seems to keep his coat from overwhelming the house....but I seriously vacuum 2x a day, shedding is part of having pets and lint brushes in the car keep me from looking like one. Lol.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.