Excessive Shedding

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Curry brushing Schultz for 10 minutes everyday seems to keep his coat from overwhelming the house....but I seriously vacuum 2x a day, shedding is part of having pets and lint brushes in the car keep me from looking like one. Lol.

When you say curry brush do you mean the metal ones used for cattle? Arent they kind of rough on the wrinkles??

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
View attachment 24813 Hell, I shave my cat. Why not shave the dogs too? If I thought it would help --- and didn't cost a fortune --- I'd do it. Sushi's annual hairdo runs between $150-250 - depending on what I have done while he's konked out (tests he needs and vaccinations he needs updates on). I wonder what it would cost to shave an EB? With all those wrinkles....? Yikes.
That cat looks pissed. LOL

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
Same issue for my 2... tons of shedding. I have the zoom groom, works good. Furminator is really expensive here (like $60 or something), is it worth it ?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with all of those who say that shedding seems to differ from one bully to another. Maggie didn't shed too much at all, Linus sheds a lot, Daddy is somewhere in the middle, and foster bully - Bella - is very little.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Same issue for my 2... tons of shedding. I have the zoom groom, works good. Furminator is really expensive here (like $60 or something), is it worth it ?

Furminator is real good to... Zoom Groom and that together... a couple times a week really cuts back on the fur laying around the house.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Yup I use just the zoom groom and acutally just won one in the last auction for Chanel. It works good for us as we usually use it 1-2 x a day now...Its their massage time :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Oh gosh no...we have one made out of rubber....very gentle....

thats what I thought but I didnt want to lead anyone in the wrong direction. We have a rubber one that we use in the bath.

Most Reactions