Pumpkin it works!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
My baby Lola has had the runs and she is on meds from the vet and one of the side effects from the meds is the runs so add that together and you have a huge mess! Anyway I had read on here about pumpkin when I first joined so I thought what the heck why not try it? She already has the runs like water so it wont hurt anything anymore than what she already has and if it helps then good! So I gave her one spoon full will her dinner last night and about 30 minutes or so eating she pooed and it was runny then she didnt go again tell this morning which was a surprise because she had been going about every hour but when she did go it was right back to typical puppy poo!!!!!! I can't believe it worked so well! I thought since the meds cause the runs that maybe the pumpkin wouldnt help but I was so wrong. Now my question is the can has been open for about 24 hours but in the fridge so can I freeze the rest? Thanks!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
put it in a plastic tub and use it up, should take about a week, or you can freeze it in ice cube trays and give as needed.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Just an fyi, pumpkin is great for kitties with diarrhea too! Glad it worked for your baby!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:happydance: So glad you tried it! Pumpkin works both ways too..if there's a constipation problem, it helps that too! I'd put it in a sealed container and continue to use while she's on meds. It will stay good in frige for at least a week..just stir up before using each time. Freezing leftovers in ice cubes trays is a great tip!

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
How long is pumpkin good for once you open the can? It seems I can never use anywhere near the full can before I think it may be iffy, and I'm not a huge can of freezing it cuz Tonka just leaves it in his bowl to melt

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have a ice cube tray of pumpkin frozen in the freezer wrapped twice in two freezer bags, I keep them on hand always....as a matter of fact it has been at least 6 months since Ive had to use, Think I better throw them out. Pumpkin is great for both ways!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so glad the pumpkin worked so well. it really is the wonder food. ive had to use it a few times before. hope the :poo: situation gets better soon.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Also I was wondering how many times a day I gan give her a spoon full of it I would say about a teaspoon or so per time?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Pumpkin is great! I gave Bruin a couple tablespoons in his food and was back to normal the next day. I think it made his paws itchy and his ears flare up though. Sorry I'm not sure about how many times per day. I just planned on giving it to Bruin (if needed) a couple tbsp once a day in his kibble

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok I will give her more with dinner then. She loves the taste of it and will eat it plain off the spoon with no kibble. Thanks everyone!

Most Reactions