Oh my! This is one gigantic crate!!!

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
We have a 30" nylon crate (like this) and I definitely think it is too small. You did well to get the 36" one.

Sancho is only 16 weeks and he can just barely stretch out in the 30". I think we may end up keeping it for travel and get a bigger "every day" one (assuming he will even be able to be comfortable in the 30" when he's full-grown).

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We have three sizes. 36, 40, 48. Gypsy has claimed the 48 even though it was originally bought for our long Basset. She loves it!

gracoliv

Jan 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie and Oliver
I only crated during the 'potty training', phase and only at night & when we were at work. So we put ours was in the bedroom. That way, he knew when he went in there it is was sleep time. When we were home, the pup was out running around, and I just took him out every 2 hours on a schedule. (I too did not like how the crate was going to be in the main area). ..Now the whole house is their crate.

flower

Sep 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
we are expecting our 4 yr old girl in a few weeks, and today we went looking at crates...the breeder told me that a 36 inch would be perfect...they look so big but, so is a bulldog...deciding which room to put it in and decided the office sounds good or maybe the kitchen or maybe the sitting room...hahahaha...i dont know yet!!!somewhere close to me i know that for sure....i won't want her out of my sight...can't wait to get her♥

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My boy has a 42" x 28" crate. It fits absolutely perfectly in a niche in the laundry room, which is the first room we enter when coming home. He had a 32" crate until he was 5 months. He still fits but I wanted him to have more room while I was at work. Once he was completely house broke and no longer teething, I took the door off the crate and gate him in the laundry room during the day so he can have more room, but I don't think he does anything but sleep. :) We will use the smaller crate if we ever travel with him.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I have a 36" as well, it is very big and spacious, I was told it was the perfect size for a full grown bulldog though, thats what led me to buy it, after seeing this size now i sort of wish i got 30-32"
You won't be sorry with the size if he's going to be crated during the day. We have a 48x30 and for Wilson it's perfect when he was crated during the day. Emma's in it now as Wilson has free range. I give her plenty of room to move and not be cooped up. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.