Oh my! This is one gigantic crate!!!

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We just put Winston's crate together so our other dog could get used to it before we bring him home. I didn't realize how large a 36" crate was! I assume we can't put it by our air conditioning vent. We have been trying to figure out our room arrangement for an hour! Hubbby is getting really tired of moving furniture around! :lol:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Well I guess its better than the opposite problem. I'm sure you will get it figured out before hubby falls over :peace2:

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
I have a 36" as well, it is very big and spacious, I was told it was the perfect size for a full grown bulldog though, thats what led me to buy it, after seeing this size now i sort of wish i got 30-32"

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343443652.218171.jpg
If you can see, That's Tonka in a 36" crate at about 5 months and 35lbs. He has more than enough room to lay flat out but he still always smooshes his face against the bars for some reason. The 36" doesn't seem huge for too long! Lol. I totally took the divide out at about 4 to 4.5 months and he was fine. I also have his crate right on top of a vent. I just closed the vent and he's got all sorts of cuddly stuff in his crate. It has never been an issue for us

Last edited:

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Ellie Mae has inherited a 42" long crate from our previous bulldog. We have a divider in it at the moment to cut it in half and she seems to be doing fine with it.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I have a 32" and it looked big but after being around a full grown bulldog when I picked up Lola I think its going to fit perfect or maybe a little snug so I would say a 36" is perfect!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Better bigger than too small, then you would have all sorts of problems

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has a 48inch condo like [MENTION=3872]Watson[/MENTION], he has had it since a pup. They grow fast and with this one Vegas can completely stretch out and is quite comfy in it.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Vegas has a 48inch condo like @Watson, he has had it since a pup. They grow fast and with this one Vegas can completely stretch out and is quite comfy in it.

That's what I like about it that he can fully stretch out. But it wouldn't be a good crate to start out with if the bully is not potty trained yet

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The girls have 36" crates and Buddy has a 48" crate and they all have plenty of room.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
lola is petite but when fully stretched out in sleep mode she needs the 36" crate that we have ;) its surprising how much room she takes up on the queen bed...we *have* to move her to her own bed when we're about to fall asleep

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
View attachment 24592
If you can see, That's Tonka in a 36" crate at about 5 months and 35lbs. He has more than enough room to lay flat out but he still always smooshes his face against the bars for some reason. The 36" doesn't seem huge for too long! Lol. I totally took the divide out at about 4 to 4.5 months and he was fine. I also have his crate right on top of a vent. I just closed the vent and he's got all sorts of cuddly stuff in his crate. It has never been an issue for us

It's nice that he has his own little play area where he can be safe while he's alone!

i just bought Watson a 48 inch. He has lots of room inside his "condo" now

552678_150475995089124_1689394091_n.jpg

Now that looks like one spoiled bully! lol

I guess 36" is what we need. I just don't like the way my room looks with it in here. I may shut one of the vents and sit it there. That's where I had originally envisioned it. If not, I'm sure it will grow on me over time.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
The girls have 36" crates and Buddy has a 48" crate and they all have plenty of room.

Libby's is 36 and we are bringing the condo for lex so he will have room to move and stretch his legs :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.