Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh my! This is one gigantic crate!!!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Oh my! This is one gigantic crate!!!

lola is petite but when fully stretched out in sleep mode she needs the 36" crate that we have its surprising how much room she takes up on the queen bed...we *have* to move her to her own bed when we're about to fall asleep

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TonkaTruck28 View Post
    Attachment 24592
    If you can see, That's Tonka in a 36" crate at about 5 months and 35lbs. He has more than enough room to lay flat out but he still always smooshes his face against the bars for some reason. The 36" doesn't seem huge for too long! Lol. I totally took the divide out at about 4 to 4.5 months and he was fine. I also have his crate right on top of a vent. I just closed the vent and he's got all sorts of cuddly stuff in his crate. It has never been an issue for us
    It's nice that he has his own little play area where he can be safe while he's alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    i just bought Watson a 48 inch. He has lots of room inside his "condo" now

Now that looks like one spoiled bully! lol

I guess 36" is what we need. I just don't like the way my room looks with it in here. I may shut one of the vents and sit it there. That's where I had originally envisioned it. If not, I'm sure it will grow on me over time.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    The girls have 36" crates and Buddy has a 48" crate and they all have plenty of room.
    Libby's is 36 and we are bringing the condo for lex so he will have room to move and stretch his legs
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member redhed's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sancho
    Likes (Received)

We have a 30" nylon crate (like this) and I definitely think it is too small. You did well to get the 36" one.

Sancho is only 16 weeks and he can just barely stretch out in the 30". I think we may end up keeping it for travel and get a bigger "every day" one (assuming he will even be able to be comfortable in the 30" when he's full-grown).

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We have three sizes. 36, 40, 48. Gypsy has claimed the 48 even though it was originally bought for our long Basset. She loves it!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie and Oliver
    Likes (Received)

I only crated during the 'potty training', phase and only at night & when we were at work. So we put ours was in the bedroom. That way, he knew when he went in there it is was sleep time. When we were home, the pup was out running around, and I just took him out every 2 hours on a schedule. (I too did not like how the crate was going to be in the main area). ..Now the whole house is their crate.

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

we are expecting our 4 yr old girl in a few weeks, and today we went looking at crates...the breeder told me that a 36 inch would be perfect...they look so big but, so is a bulldog...deciding which room to put it in and decided the office sounds good or maybe the kitchen or maybe the sitting room...hahahaha...i dont know yet!!!somewhere close to me i know that for sure....i won't want her out of my sight...can't wait to get her♥

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

My boy has a 42" x 28" crate. It fits absolutely perfectly in a niche in the laundry room, which is the first room we enter when coming home. He had a 32" crate until he was 5 months. He still fits but I wanted him to have more room while I was at work. Once he was completely house broke and no longer teething, I took the door off the crate and gate him in the laundry room during the day so he can have more room, but I don't think he does anything but sleep. We will use the smaller crate if we ever travel with him.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EBDR35 View Post
    I have a 36" as well, it is very big and spacious, I was told it was the perfect size for a full grown bulldog though, thats what led me to buy it, after seeing this size now i sort of wish i got 30-32"
    You won't be sorry with the size if he's going to be crated during the day. We have a 48x30 and for Wilson it's perfect when he was crated during the day. Emma's in it now as Wilson has free range. I give her plenty of room to move and not be cooped up.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads