I need help and suggestions.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I took Vegas to the vet today for the lump in his leg, The vet moved his leg all around and the lump moves, so he ended up getting a shot of steroids in his leg. Both ACL's are in tact :whew:, so therefore the vet seems to think Vegas has just pulled his muscle. If I do not notice a difference by Wed. Then he will go back and get X-Rays ($275.00) and we will go from there.

Problem, I have to keep him from jumping up onto the couch which he does several times a day!! He is only allowed to go outside and potty and nothing else this week. Very limited walking and NO jumping. How do I do this? I have open concept so I cant baby gate him in any room, he loves his crate but if I lock him in he barks non-stop. He likes the door open. I just don't know how I am going to be able to watch him 24/7 from jumping on and off the couch.

Our vet just wants him to rest for the weekend (not a problem) but keeping him from jumping on the couch is going to be.

On a bad note, once again he looked at Vegas's eyes, he is getting an ulcer due to his allergies and his eyes being swelled all the time and his lashes scratching his eyes. Looks like we are going to have surgery after I get back from seeing my sister.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Yay!! I am glad Vegas's leg is ok. I can't give any suggestions on the taking it easy part.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Good news about the ACL. :yes: I'd try to block the couch with something so he won't be able to jump on it. If not, move it against the wall with the front facing it. Not aesthetically pleasing but it'll work.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
How about a few pillows on the floor creating like steps for him. that way he is just stepping up instead of leaping...

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Yea, a little step stool or a upside down milk crate. Milk crate might still be too high :( That's a bummer on the eye surgery. I thought I read someones post where they said that after their bully had that surgery they were 100x better.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hug: :hug: Give Vegas a big smooshy kiss from us. Glad the ACLs look good and I hope this sprain goes away quick !

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh so glad to hear Vegas's legs are overall good! Wilson keeps pulling groin. Doc put him on a muscle relaxer (roboxin I believe). Works really well with no sleepy side effects. That's going to be hard to keep Vegas from jumping on and off the couch.

:hug: to you and Vegas.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Maybe make the floor as cozy and enticing for Vegas as possible so that he won't want to jump on couch. Like put pillows and blankets on the floor and lots of his toys and also if you and Joe sit on the floor instead of the couch, I'm sure he'll want to cuddle w/you guys.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Thank you for all your suggestions, what I did was...I have all our holiday decorations in those big rubbermaid bins with snap on lids, I brought 5 of them out, 2 for the love seat and 3 for the couch. I put his pillow and his blanket right on the area rug, He has not been able to jump up but he sure has been barking at them. I don't blame him because I have had the urge to bark all afternoon myself at them!!!! Looks like crap, but it is working. At night he dosen't care to go in his crate and I shut the door. Right now he is sprawled out on the cold tile. With heat index it is over 100* here.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh Kelly I'm glad his acl are good. I'm sorry bout the eye though bummer. I hope our boy will be ok.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Good thinking on the couches, that is my biggest hurdle with Cutty right now actually. SO glad his acl is ok tho, phew! Sucks for the eye surgery as well BUT at least you know it is needed and if something did need done with his leg 2 can be done together so timing wise I suppose that could be good. Sort of. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online