Bully Sticks

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
Jack absolutely LOVES Bully Sticks, and OMG, they smell disgusting!!! I am very sensitive to smells because of all the medication I take. When we first gave them to him, I didn't realize where the smell was coming from, and I finally figured it out, and was relieved it wasn't me!!! LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jack absolutely LOVES Bully Sticks, and OMG, they smell disgusting!!! I am very sensitive to smells because of all the medication I take. When we first gave them to him, I didn't realize where the smell was coming from, and I finally figured it out, and was relieved it wasn't me!!! LOL

Do you know what these are? I bet this is the last time you buy them! :laugh:

Plus..they aren't that good for them..

OP
fortindycouple

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] YES!! I know exactly what they are!!! A guy at the place we buy them said they recently switched the package Logo. It used to be a bull standing, holding himshelf, saying Ohhhhhhhh. They also cannot keep them in stock. I'm for sure telling Jeff they aren't good for him, we have them laying all over the house. I'm going to gather them all up, take a picture, and post. It's ridiculous!!! He buys more stuff for Jack right now than all four kids put together; however that will change very soon. Two getting ready to return to college and two entering their Senior year of High School. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT YES!! I know exactly what they are!!! A guy at the place we buy them said they recently switched the package Logo. It used to be a bull standing, holding himshelf, saying Ohhhhhhhh. They also cannot keep them in stock. I'm for sure telling Jeff they aren't good for him, we have them laying all over the house. I'm going to gather them all up, take a picture, and post. It's ridiculous!!! He buys more stuff for Jack right now than all four kids put together; however that will change very soon. Two getting ready to return to college and two entering their Senior year of High School. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Im thinking Jeff doesn't care what poor little Jack puts in his little sweet mouth! And where they've been! :eek:

OP
fortindycouple

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
[MENTION=5193]Texkota[/MENTION]. Heaven's No!!!! We have two more At home for one more year!!! Done with that! having a puppy is just like having a toddler!!

Handiangie

Jul 12, 2012
Northern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
Oh no! Emma loves em. YUCK YUCK YUCK

So no raw hide and bully sticks are bad for them. What does everyone use instead?

What are bully sticks dog treats made from?

Bully sticks, also known as beef pizzles, pizzle sticks, beef sticks, steer stix, are made from 100% bull penises. Bull penis is a single ingredient of bully sticks. Some suppliers and merchants say that they sell bully sticks made of "beef tendons" or "dried muscles" as that part of the anatomy is a tendon and muscle indeeed, and this may sound less repulsive for some people with psychological barrier thinking of feeding bull privates to their furbabies.

In the beginning of manufacturing process the bull's penis that is usually 23-25 inches long, is removed and cleaned. It is hung vertically for the fluids contained to fully drain. Without these fluids bully sticks are odor free. At the next stage of processing bull penises are stretched, twisted or braided, dried and then may be smoked for flavor. The result is a 30-40 inches long very hard brown stick which is cut into pieces suitable for dogs of any size. Thus you can buy small bully sticks of 4'', large beef pizzles of 30 inches and any length between, such as 5'', 6'', 7'', 9'' and 12''.

As bully sticks are 100% natural product, thickness, shape and color may slighty vary.

Compared to other dog chews, bully sticks last incredibly long time. It can take weeks for a small dog to chew on one bully stick, while large breeds may enjoy chewing of bull pizzles between a few hours and a few days.

Bully Stick Analysis:
Crude Protein: not less than 80%
Crude Fat: not less than 1%
Crude Fiber: not more than 1%
Moisture: not more than 20%
Ash: not more than 2%

OP
fortindycouple

fortindycouple

Apr 28, 2012
Indianapolis, IN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack
[MENTION=5383]Handiangie[/MENTION] Thank you so much for that!!! (total sarcastic tone, LOL) I was fine just knowing they were made of
of Bull Penis. Now knowing the entire, very descriptive, method of making...... Well, I have no words!!! LOL

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=5383]Handiangie[/MENTION]....nylabones..large ones..and antlers...my dogs love..love antlers! I get nylabones from amazon..best prices I've found..and nutlets fom Yellowstone Antlers..

Handiangie

Jul 12, 2012
Northern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma
For Gawds sake what is a NUTLET? I'm afraid to know. None of my dogs have EVER took a liking to nylabones. They wont touch em. Do the antlers last awhile or will she finish it in one sitting.

ohmygawd!! That's my frickin iPad doing auto sumpin! It's antlers..not nutlets! For crying out loud! :eek:

Yes..they last for months..get the elk ..large or xlarge! Mine ..who are both champeen chewers..have had the ones they now are working on..since Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
OK bully stick, cows ears and pigs ears, and raw hides can be fatal to a bully. Chocking hazard and raw hides can even tear the intestines causing death. A friend of my daughter who lives in Washington state found out the hard way. Nylabones, Elk antlers, Kongs, or any other hard rubber toy are safe for bullies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online