what are the best chew toys for bully pups?

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
What size collar will he need at 8 weeks? We are on our way home from visiting him. We just picked up some Fromm and are stopping at a pet shop next.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We give our pups the largest size NylaBone because they can handle it and we almost always have an adult Bullldog and a smaller NylaBone would cause a choking problem. Have the breeder measure the neck size and get a collar that will work on the hole closest to the buckle. I'd also get a small, adjustable harness.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Everything Alice said is perfect! We have about 7 or 8 nylabones..my dogs love picking them out..of course I come home to them strewn everywhere..but it's better than eating me out of house and home! Also..jake has just now started loving his Kong...variety is key..and a tip from me to you..:D...Amazon is a lot cheaper than big box pets stores on nylabones!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
We give our pups the largest size NylaBone because they can handle it and we almost always have an adult Bullldog and a smaller NylaBone would cause a choking problem. Have the breeder measure the neck size and get a collar that will work on the hole closest to the buckle. I'd also get a small, adjustable harness.

Yes :) a harness is a must - as bullies tend to turn around and slip right out of their collars (we dont use choke type) so when they are out and about, its harness time :)

Chews... Nylabones, ROPES, there is a product out there, that is a softer rubberish thing... they are usually Bright Blue - we have a Jack, and a set of rings from that company... that puppy chewers do well on...but NOT adults! LOL

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nylabones and Kongs do very well. Careful with the ropes, as when they get a little worn they can become a chocking hazard. Plus NO rawhides, bully stick, cow or pig ears, that sort of thing are not good and can be fatal.

OP
Mountainlover

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We bought 3 Nylabone Dura Chews...one looks like a bone, one is a chicken flavored tug toy and the third has a ball in the center of a bone like thing and it's bacon flavored (we have a couple of old nylabones we've had for well over a year), a Nylabone chicken flavored Puppy Chew and a Kong Squeezz that squeaks. Hope he likes them!! He was constantly chewing on something today~our clothes, the blanket, whatever he could get his mouth on. lol AT what age can they/will they be interested in a Kong with peanut butter?

We also bought puppy wipes and a crate.

Members online

No members online now.