Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Our Marine neighbor just brought his fiance up from Texas. Along with her and her son, are 2 dogs. So far, it's not been a happy experience. My mom in law said the German Shepard was put outside and woke her up at 6:30am. She got so mad she opened up the window and yelled profanities at the dogs....who could care less and barked even more. Vegas is a curious one. Since we have railroad ties at the end of our yard (they are used to build up our yard) we have a 10 inch gap from the ties the the fence that runs along the back part of our yard. If you can picture it, the fence that divides our yard from our side neighbors doesn't have anything to hold it at the end (because of the gap) So Vegas can stick his head into the neighbors yard and check out any activity that may be going on. This worked well for him when his favorite little girl lived there and would spend hours talking to him and petting him thru the fence. Now that Orion is around, she gets nasty and the hair on her back stands up as she's screaming and barking at the 2 dogs next door. These dogs are matching her, bark for bark. We don't let Vegas and O in the backyard for more than 10 to 15 minutes at a time. So, it's very frustrating when our new neighbor dogs are outside ALL DAY LONG and bark at anyone they hear. Vegas and Orion can't even take a 5 minute pee break without being harrassed by the neighbor dogs. In fact, Orion peed in the house because everytime she went out, they started barking....and it upset her, so she would bark back.
Today, Orion is bouncing off the walls, so I take her outside to throw a ball around. Literally as soon as we go out, the neighbor dogs are also let out. This starts the dogs barking at each other. I walk over to the fence line and grab Orion by the collar. Her hair is standing straight up. A mohawk all the way down her back. I was horrifide when the neighbor dog was able to push a loose fence board to the side. As soon as Orion saw this, she literally jumped thru the fence, knocking 2 of the fence boards down. Now, she was in our neighbors yard with the German shepard (who we've already been told has a personality like Orions) (if you remember...Orion got booted from puppy daycare after 15 minutes for being too dominant) and I'm freaking out. I start calling for Shaun (the lady) and she comes to her back door. I'm actually shocked that Orion has yet to attack the German Shepard (Harley) I'm REALLY shocked when she actually is playing with him. So, they meet each other and run around for a couple of minutes. Orion spots a rawhide bone, grabs it and starts to chew on it. Shaun says..."she can have it". I thanked her, but told her that Orion wasn't allowed any rawhide treats.....I was able to slip thru the fence into her backyard and I was able to convince Orion to come back to our side. Once she did that, I grabbed the bone and tossed it back over. Currently we have a gaping hole into our neighbors backyard...Orion now has to be put on a leash for potty time. Until the boards can be secured back in place.
When I told this story to my husband..it started with...
me- "Guess what Orion did today?"
Him-"peed on the bed?"
Me- "no, she knocked down 2 boards, jumped into the neighbors backyard, played with the German Shepard without attacking him, stole a rawhide bone, then jumped back thru the fence with her new found goodie".
him-"did you get it on video?"
me-"no"
him-"then I don't believe you".

Sheesh!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
LOL that could not have ended well, you are so lucky there wasnt a fight :eek:!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
wow what a great story! Who would have thought they may now be bestest friends even. :D Very lucky nothing bad happened tho omg! Your hubbys response cracks me up. Typical man!

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
The thing I notice about O when she attacks another dog.....she hasn't bit them. She will snarl and growl and nip at them, but she never leaves a mark. She will even "take down" a dog....I don't know how to explain it. Although I hate that she feels she needs to tackle others, I'm thankful she doesn't tear into them.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Photobucket

The thing I notice about O when she attacks another dog.....she hasn't bit them. She will snarl and growl and nip at them, but she never leaves a mark. She will even "take down" a dog....I don't know how to explain it. Although I hate that she feels she needs to tackle others, I'm thankful she doesn't tear into them.

Sam is the same way. He and my brothers male westie HATE eachother with a passion. They CANNOT be together but have on accident before and have gotten into it. Even though Samson could tear that little boy apart (terrible thought) he doesn't ever actually bite him. It's pushing, bullying, pinning him down, snarling, just like you described O doing.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.