Bully or Dog???

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So, there is no rational reason to explain it but I get extremely, incredibly, obnoxiously irritated by people who make any kind of reference to my bulldogs as "dogs".

I own miniature schnauzers, poodle mixes, and a lab mix ...............they are dogs.

Daddy, Linus and our foster-bully - Bella - .............. they are bullys.

BIG ... HUGE .... GINORMOUS.... HUMONGOUS .. difference ... they are dogs. AND they are bullys.

Why ... oh WHY .... is the world so STUPID??

:bang:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If there were no stupid people, we wouldn't stand out so well:2thumbs::peace2:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
You are preaching to the choir. :up:

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
I actually get more offended when people call my baby girl "Big boy" "Buddy" "This Guy" etc. I thought the purple leash and collar set with the large "CHARLOTTE" tag was enough to figure out her gender.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I completely understand! I too get irritated. When someone has put the same time, effort and love into reading, researching, wiping butts, cleaning wrinkles, wiping paws, bathing away allergies and taking care of any other idiosyncrasies....and this someone STILL calls them, just a dog, well then maybe I'll consider myself the crazy one. Until I meet that person, I consider myself owned by 2 bullies :)

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I actually get more offended when people call my baby girl "Big boy" "Buddy" "This Guy" etc. I thought the purple leash and collar set with the large "CHARLOTTE" tag was enough to figure out her gender.

I'm with you on that. Never once has Dublin been referred to as "she" and again I have this Neon Pink harness and leash and a heat shape take with pink "diamonds" in it.... Or when I get "Well, he ( never she) obviously has never missed a meal" and those saying it could miss a few dozen meals themselves and still need to miss more. Are we too sensitive???:)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
True story: We used to go to Louisville every year to show koi and goldfish. (yes, they show fish just like dogs). When we first got HRH we took her with us. One of our dear friends who is pretty smart and writes for a magazine called HRH a boy. When we corrected her she said, and I quote, "I didn't know bulldogs came in female". Silence! We didn't know what to say..... then she realized what she had said and we all heartily laughed.. LOL

My point is, these animals that are called bulldogs are very special and the general public just doesn't know anything about them....... IDIOTS!!!! :laugh:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have two sons, I consider Vegas my third son and so far my best :lmao:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
amen, sistah, amen

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I'm with you on that. Never once has Dublin been referred to as "she" and again I have this Neon Pink harness and leash and a heat shape take with pink "diamonds" in it.... Or when I get "Well, he ( never she) obviously has never missed a meal" and those saying it could miss a few dozen meals themselves and still need to miss more. Are we too sensitive???:)

I was walking Jackson once and this obese woman comes walking towards us and says "wow, thats a big boy!" and I said in my head "wow, you are a big girl!". lol. The nerve of her!

jen74401

Feb 18, 2012
Oklahoma
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Beefy
I always say "these are my kids, not DOGS." I put just as much time into my bullies as I do my children.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.