When should we pick him up?

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Our breeder sent an email today with pics and asking when we want to pick up our puppy. He will be 8 weeks on August 7. She asked if we would prefer to pick him up the weekend of the 4th or the 11th. Would it be a big deal if we picked him up on the 4th, a few days shy of 8 weeks? Of course we are very excited to bring him home! But I'm also a teacher and that would give me a week with him before school starts. Not to mention I would like to get to sleep through the night once it does start. My husband is taking a week off work to spend with him and he works from home, but I still think he could use the extra help for a week. Needless to say, if it's in his best interest to have those extra few days with him mom then we will wait till the 11th.

Here's some of the pics we got today:

Attachments

• Winston July 23, 2012 pic 2.jpg
    Winston July 23, 2012 pic 2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Winston July 25, 2012 pic 5.jpg
    Winston July 25, 2012 pic 5.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Winston July 25, 2012.jpg
    Winston July 25, 2012.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 102

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I picked Wilson up two days before he was 8 weeks. I say if your guy's ready get him on the 4th and start lovin on him. :luv:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If I were you.i would get a few days early! In fact, that's exactly what we did with Jake! We wanted him to come home on a Friday...and he was 8 weeks on the Tuesday after we brought him home. If he's healthy..I say better for you to spend the extra time with him..than the breeder! :up:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
There's shots that they get too right at 8 weeks. I'll tag a few peeps for you cause I can't recall what they are.

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Pick him up early!!

The breeder obviously has him weaned off his Mum, and up to date on his shots ... so it's a case of which house is he living in and thats all. The more bonding time you get with him the better for everybody.

Besides that means we get to see pics one week earlier ..... :muah:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I usually won't let them leave until after 8 weeks but that is me, a few days should not be a concern as long as:

UTD on shots
Bully experience
It fits around the work schedule so they will be able to spend a few days with new pup
Don't give the okay to book a flight to Arizona from WA on a specific date and then realize it is a few days early :bang:
A member of EBN :p

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I usually won't let them leave until after 8 weeks but that is me, a few days should not be a concern as long as:

UTD on shots
Bully experience
It fits around the work schedule so they will be able to spend a few days with new pup
Don't give the okay to book a flight to Arizona from WA on a specific date and then realize it is a few days early :bang:

:hmm: Nowwwww. WHO could this be?? [MENTION=3123]agingermom[/MENTION]! :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)

UTD on shots
Bully experience

I resemble that person! Believe Bertha my sweet feminine delicate flower is none the worse for the wear,lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sweet feminine delicate flower..... that still kills me! :rofl:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
We picked up Usko just a day shy of 8 weeks and I think he isn't scarred for life;) If you've found a responsible breeder who knows his babies and let's you choose what best suits you taking care of him, I'd take him home without hesitation sooner than later.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.