Filtered water day 10.....

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Please don't ask for pictures!! lol...I have searched over 600 that I have and I don't have one that shows his chin area when it was "rusty" colored. Any how.....Vegas had this rusty looking color under his chin and neck area, (his chin area as you can see by my avatar is white), I was reading on this site about using filtered water. So 10 days ago I decided to try it. It is amazing what a difference in color in just 10 short days!!

We live in Florida and I personally will not drink the water, I only buy bottled water, so I started giving Vegas Dasani water and what a difference it has made, his chin is normal and his neck has lost that rusty color. So now instead of buying myself a case a week I buy two. I will never give him tap water again.

I just wanted to share that filtered water did make a difference for us. Every little bit helps.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh Kelly that's wonderful. We've been using filtered for about 2 months and the rusty color on my bostons is gone n on Sarah to. I won't give them regular water again either.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
i noticed the same thing with Watson's tear stains (the went away) when we switched about a month ago. so we may be on to something...:detective:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
thanks for the first hand experience stories w/filtered water. I'm going to try this for Tate b/c he has those dreaded tear stains too.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
That's all we give our babies. We have a whole house water filter/ softener.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Interesting .. I've never had a problem up until now. Bella came to us and her chin is rusty and so are the inside of her two front legs????

Obviously she was being fed crap and has only been on Fromm Beef Frittata fully for about a week now. So do you think I should leave it a little while longer for the Fromm to get into her system, and the crap food to get out before I start thinking about changing the water???

Daddy and Linus are sparkly white, and so was Maggie. So this is the first time I've dealt with this!!! :blink:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
In the next town over we have artesian wells with 3 areas in the city where you can go fill up on water. We get Aubie's from there or buy water. She doesn't get water from the tap unless we don't have other options.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]...not only to drink but to bath or shower, our skin absorbs chemicals,
preservatives, hormones, medicines, fluoride, etc and shower filters are fairly in-
expensive and worth every penny to protect you (and your pets) from all these
poisons!

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Both Schultz and Sophie know the difference between the tap water and the filtered water....I've always given them filtered and when we are places where "our" water isn't available they have to be really thirsty before they'll take a sip....I've learned to carry filtered water for them....I think it does make a difference....

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
I agree, our water has alot of iron in it so I changed to bottled as well from the thread I read HERE and has made a big difference in the tear stains - thanks again EBN for some really helpful information.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Bruin & Lilly have their own Brita pitcher in the fridge. I noticed when I switched that Lilly's white side in the wrinkle cleared up mostly. [MENTION=5315]Texas Carol[/MENTION] I should look into those shower filters...I've seen them before and I don't know why I didn't think of that myself...thanks!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
We started giving filtered water because VegasR, just like VegasB has a rusty chin. Our attempt didn't work. Maybe during the winter. Right now with summer, Vegas likes to drink out of his pool and there is no way I'm going to put filtered water in his pool every other day for play.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.