cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
These last few days Tate, who sleeps w/me, has been waking up in the early morning hours, walks all over the bed, rumples up the sheets, steps on my head and my hair, bothers Finn who will then start growling at him, and then ends up sticking his butt right in my face where i sleepily give him a butt rub to calm him down and try to get him back to sleep.
I'm not so much worried about my lack of sleep (altho it makes me rather :angry2:), but i worry about Tate not being able to sleep thru the night til it's time for us to wake up (usually around 5:45am). Finn sleeps like a log, so no problem there.

This can happen at 1am or 3am...just seems to be happening regularly.
Very early this morning, Finn and Tate actually got into a fight, jumping on top of each other. I was too sleepy to really do anything and just hoped there wasn't any blood shed. I know Finn is very bothered when Tate infringes upon his side of the bed, especially when Finn is trying to sleep.

Do you think he could still be adjusting to the new house? we've been living here for 2mos now. I also recently upgraded to a bigger bed and a new bed frame. Would he be that sensitive to such a change??

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hmm: I wouldn't think he is not feeling at home..and the changed of bed shouldn't matter..unless of course, his spot has changed! I don't know! Maybe like us...he just has antsy pantsy! :laugh:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Could it be the mattress is too soft or hard? Abby sometimes has a hard time staying comfortable but it's not every night.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Whiskey might help, :ROFL: just kidding. Might try feeding him a little snack before bed to see if that helps. maybe split his nightly dinner, half when he usually eats and the other half before he goes to bed.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I was thinking the mattress too, maybe it is not firm enough or to firm for what he was used to?? We all know how OCD these bully's can be, perhaps he senses the change in the mattress.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], "OCD" describes Tate's mannerisms very well as he goes about wandering around the bed. He just paces up and down, all over, steps on me, paws at the sheets, trying to get into a comfortable position. Sometimes he will sit on my head and meanwhile, i'm just grabbing at my hair so he doesn't continue to step on it and pull (b/c that hurts a lot).

What kind of whiskey [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] ?? oh, that could be for me!

the bed is a firm one that i just got about 2-3 wks ago so maybe he's more used to his lumpy one that used to be very low to the ground. We didn't have a bed frame so the mattress/boxspring was sitting on the floor; now we're rather high up...maybe 3 and half feet off the ground b/c it's a tall platform bed.

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Maybe he does not like your new jammies??

Remind me again why we are crate training Lulu.

hahahaha

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I bet that's it. the bed height could be scary for him. He'll get over it. I bet til Saturday he'll be fine. If not drink that whiskey.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
maybe he is having dreams and waking up in the middle of them so he is a little lost when he wakes up

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You've had the new bed for about two to three weeks ... when did this happen. Because if it was the new bed then it would have happened IMMEDIATELY .... [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.