Ear Infection all my fault :(

Texkota

Jun 21, 2012
South Riding, VA
Bulldog(s) Names
Renzo
The good thing is, you caught it. Something was wrong, you noticed, and you did something about it, that's a good mommy in my book.

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
My vet gave me something I think is awesome. He instructed me to use it weekly for maintenance (7 drops each ear) and there's been no yeasty ears since. It's called Mometamax. I don't even use the flush anymore.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
My vet gave me something I think is awesome. He instructed me to use it weekly for maintenance (7 drops each ear) and there's been no yeasty ears since. It's called Mometamax. I don't even use the flush anymore.

Yes the vet gave me Phytovet ck antiseptic flush 2x a day and mometamax 1x a day. His ears look great already and there is no yeast at all...His ears are squeakay clean :)

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Yes the vet gave me Phytovet ck antiseptic flush 2x a day and mometamax 1x a day. His ears look great already and there is no yeast at all...His ears are squeakay clean :)

Yay!!! That Mometamax is awesome stuff but doesn't last long and isn't cheap but I still like using it! Sounds like this is a one off for ya, so not sure if it'd be overkill for you to use it weekly? :) Our guy had an ear yeast infection some time back and when the new vet heard he had had one in the past, he rec.ed we use this now.... Glad your baby is feeling better! I think sometimes we hurt/get more upset than they do when things go wrong with them. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.