Ear Infection all my fault :(

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I so agree! Niaails and glands are the only 2 I dont do. I cut Chanel once and never again waas I doing the nails...We usually get them done 1x a mnth or a little more if he played a lot outside and filied his own :)

Were's [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. Anal's and Nails are included. We got some tips for ya:whistle:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I so agree! Niaails and glands are the only 2 I dont do. I cut Chanel once and never again waas I doing the nails...We usually get them done 1x a mnth or a little more if he played a lot outside and filied his own :)

Nails are the easiest and hardest things to do. You should try to though, it's really not that hard, just take baby steps on the nails. With practice you'll never have anyone do them again!

Nails - you can do it too!! :up:
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...06-Nail-Clipping-Dremel-What-you-need-to-know

Anal Glands. I gringed at the thought of doing these and the first time I watched a video I said....:hmm: I could do this. Just have to get over the actual act of doing it really.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16036

Were's @JeannieCO a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. Anal's and Nails are included. We got some tips for ya:whistle:
A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do. :peace2:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] now your in trouble these 2 will have you doing nails and anals in no time. :jumpdance: i do sarahs nails with a dremmel i would not do then with a clipper as i clipped my boston to close one time and he screamed and that was it. the dremmel is awsome. now anals :hmm: im going to try them again as well my food bill is to much. :shout:

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I don't wash Vegas's head either, I wash him from the neck down every two weeks. I use his malacetic solution in his ears and to wipe his face real good after his bath. Of course I wash his face through the week too.

I am going to not be washing his face anymore! I will jut wipe his face as I usually do during the week. I am going to have to order som emalacetic ... Thanks

Were's [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. Anal's and Nails are included. We got some tips for ya:whistle:

:hmm: The glands definatley will not do :barf: I cant even watch the vet :faint: and Brutus doesnt make it easy either...The minute they touch his bum he sits down so it takes 2 techs to hold him up and the vet to squeese the junk out :lol:

Nails are the easiest and hardest things to do. You should try to though, it's really not that hard, just take baby steps on the nails. With practice you'll never have anyone do them again!

Nails - you can do it too!! :up:
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...06-Nail-Clipping-Dremel-What-you-need-to-know

Anal Glands. I gringed at the thought of doing these and the first time I watched a video I said....:hmm: I could do this. Just have to get over the actual act of doing it really.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16036

I am going to get a dremeel this weekend...I always had the vet do them b/c Brutus is not a fan of his nails being done! Maybe you should just come to Jersey and help me out :2thumbs:

A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do. :peace2:

[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] now your in trouble these 2 will have you doing nails and anals in no time. :jumpdance: i do sarahs nails with a dremmel i would not do then with a clipper as i clipped my boston to close one time and he screamed and that was it. the dremmel is awsome. now anals :hmm: im going to try them again as well my food bill is to much. :shout:

Yup I did the same to Chanel :( It was so sad so I havent done them since...I need to get a dremel and start doing them on my own!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:hmm: The glands definatley will not do :barf: I cant even watch the vet :faint: and Brutus doesnt make it easy either...The minute they touch his bum he sits down so it takes 2 techs to hold him up and the vet to squeese the junk out :lol:
Oh that's easy to fix. You straddle them and hold them up by their groin. Works wonderful...:laugh:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey, I forgot to say, sorry about the ear infection! I really have to always dry Wilson's tail pocket out since he's in his pool all the time.

I also put the small cotton balls in and more often than not they shake their heads and out them come.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh that's easy to fix. You straddle them and hold them up by their groin. Works wonderful...:laugh:

Yea seriously Im no Ginja :tease: I will take a video of how this all goes down :lol:

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
He had 4 shots he was due for which was 30-50 a shot :eek: The meds were close to $100 and then the test they did with the gunk from his ears was $91. Plus the initial exam, nails, glands...ZBoy this adds up :loco:

Boy do I understand that... I took Pan in for an itchy butt that looked like it turned into staph. With the exam, meds, culture, and restock on heart worm, we walked out a whopping $310 lighter in the pocket... Now we have a fully energized bully on "the juice".
I love him, but man I can't wait for my lazy baby to return... Lol

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I never wet their heads when bathing. I just use a damp washcloth for faces. Still use earwash though.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis

every day my heart breaks a little bit more for poor Wilson :laugh:

[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] Abby is always shaking the balls out of her ears so don't feel bad. Is the medicine helping him yet?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
i dont put cotton in sarahs ears either but then i dont wash her head just the rest of her body so nothing gets in her ears anyway. i use malacetic otic for her ears and either chloraseb or malaket wipes if there is a problem. i havent had her to the vet for her ears since. the malaket or chloraseb are antifungal antibacterial so that usually takes care of any issues i might have. im glad you got things taken care of roe. even though your broke now :eek: i think some use cotton balls and witch hazel also.

What she said.... we use a wash cloth to do HRH's head and then clean her ears with witch hazel.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Boy do I understand that... I took Pan in for an itchy butt that looked like it turned into staph. With the exam, meds, culture, and restock on heart worm, we walked out a whopping $310 lighter in the pocket... Now we have a fully energized bully on "the juice".
I love him, but man I can't wait for my lazy baby to return... Lol

LOL Yes he was mushy for a day or two but now he is definatley feeling a lot better :) Its always something but I wouldnt have it any other way

every day my heart breaks a little bit more for poor Wilson :laugh:

[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] Abby is always shaking the balls out of her ears so don't feel bad. Is the medicine helping him yet?

Bev his ear is so much better...He doesnt scratch at it and it no longer smells like :poo: He hates the drops and constantly shakes when I put it in and then it squirts all over me. Yea I am not washing his head any longer will just do his body and start using the witch hazel as others suggested. Give Abby head a kiss for me :)

What she said.... we use a wash cloth to do HRH's head and then clean her ears with witch hazel.

Thanks Bruce. I am going to start doing that. Thanks :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.