Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 35

Thread: Ear Infection all my fault :(

  1. #13
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I wish I had the guts to do nails. We just have the vet do nails and anals at the same time. The thought gives me the heebie jeebies. I am such a wimp. lol I cringe when the vet does it even.
    I so agree! Niaails and glands are the only 2 I dont do. I cut Chanel once and never again waas I doing the nails...We usually get them done 1x a mnth or a little more if he played a lot outside and filied his own
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  2. #14
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    i dont put cotton in sarahs ears either but then i dont wash her head just the rest of her body so nothing gets in her ears anyway. i use malacetic otic for her ears and either chloraseb or malaket wipes if there is a problem. i havent had her to the vet for her ears since. the malaket or chloraseb are antifungal antibacterial so that usually takes care of any issues i might have. im glad you got things taken care of roe. even though your broke now i think some use cotton balls and witch hazel also.

  3. #15
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    i dont put cotton in sarahs ears either but then i dont wash her head just the rest of her body so nothing gets in her ears anyway. i use malacetic otic for her ears and either chloraseb or malaket wipes if there is a problem. i havent had her to the vet for her ears since. the malaket or chloraseb are antifungal antibacterial so that usually takes care of any issues i might have. im glad you got things taken care of roe. even though your broke now i think some use cotton balls and witch hazel also.
    I don't wash Vegas's head either, I wash him from the neck down every two weeks. I use his malacetic solution in his ears and to wipe his face real good after his bath. Of course I wash his face through the week too.

  4. #16
    The Ultimate Sourmug Sherry's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Denver PA
    Posts
    5,284
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    I so agree! Niaails and glands are the only 2 I dont do. I cut Chanel once and never again waas I doing the nails...We usually get them done 1x a mnth or a little more if he played a lot outside and filied his own


    Were's @JeannieCO a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. Anal's and Nails are included. We got some tips for ya
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

  5. #17
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    I so agree! Niaails and glands are the only 2 I dont do. I cut Chanel once and never again waas I doing the nails...We usually get them done 1x a mnth or a little more if he played a lot outside and filied his own
    Nails are the easiest and hardest things to do. You should try to though, it's really not that hard, just take baby steps on the nails. With practice you'll never have anyone do them again!

    Nails - you can do it too!!
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...u-need-to-know

    Anal Glands. I gringed at the thought of doing these and the first time I watched a video I said.... I could do this. Just have to get over the actual act of doing it really.

    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ad.php?t=16036



    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Were's @JeannieCO a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. Anal's and Nails are included. We got some tips for ya
    A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  6. #18
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    @ChanelnBrutus now your in trouble these 2 will have you doing nails and anals in no time. i do sarahs nails with a dremmel i would not do then with a clipper as i clipped my boston to close one time and he screamed and that was it. the dremmel is awsome. now anals im going to try them again as well my food bill is to much.

  7. #19
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    I don't wash Vegas's head either, I wash him from the neck down every two weeks. I use his malacetic solution in his ears and to wipe his face real good after his bath. Of course I wash his face through the week too.
    I am going to not be washing his face anymore! I will jut wipe his face as I usually do during the week. I am going to have to order som emalacetic ... Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    Were's @JeannieCO a woman's got to do what a woman's got to do. Anal's and Nails are included. We got some tips for ya
    The glands definatley will not do I cant even watch the vet and Brutus doesnt make it easy either...The minute they touch his bum he sits down so it takes 2 techs to hold him up and the vet to squeese the junk out

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Nails are the easiest and hardest things to do. You should try to though, it's really not that hard, just take baby steps on the nails. With practice you'll never have anyone do them again!

    Nails - you can do it too!!
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...u-need-to-know

    Anal Glands. I gringed at the thought of doing these and the first time I watched a video I said.... I could do this. Just have to get over the actual act of doing it really.

    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ad.php?t=16036

    I am going to get a dremeel this weekend...I always had the vet do them b/c Brutus is not a fan of his nails being done! Maybe you should just come to Jersey and help me out


    A woman's gotta do what a woman's gotta do.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowsmom View Post
    @ChanelnBrutus now your in trouble these 2 will have you doing nails and anals in no time. i do sarahs nails with a dremmel i would not do then with a clipper as i clipped my boston to close one time and he screamed and that was it. the dremmel is awsome. now anals im going to try them again as well my food bill is to much.
    Yup I did the same to Chanel It was so sad so I havent done them since...I need to get a dremel and start doing them on my own!
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  8. #20
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    The glands definatley will not do I cant even watch the vet and Brutus doesnt make it easy either...The minute they touch his bum he sits down so it takes 2 techs to hold him up and the vet to squeese the junk out
    Oh that's easy to fix. You straddle them and hold them up by their groin. Works wonderful...
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  9. #21
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Hey, I forgot to say, sorry about the ear infection! I really have to always dry Wilson's tail pocket out since he's in his pool all the time.

    I also put the small cotton balls in and more often than not they shake their heads and out them come.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  10. #22
    ..........
    Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,010
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Oh that's easy to fix. You straddle them and hold them up by their groin. Works wonderful...
    @ChanelnBrutus i say thats easy for a ginja ninja to say

  11. #23
    Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    ChanelnBrutus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,077
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Oh that's easy to fix. You straddle them and hold them up by their groin. Works wonderful...
    Yea seriously Im no Ginja I will take a video of how this all goes down
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

  12. #24
    Pet Sitter PeterPanAndWendy's Avatar
    Location
    Lindsey, Ohio, United States
    Posts
    347
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pan Cake
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Ear Infection all my fault :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    He had 4 shots he was due for which was 30-50 a shot The meds were close to $100 and then the test they did with the gunk from his ears was $91. Plus the initial exam, nails, glands...ZBoy this adds up
    Boy do I understand that... I took Pan in for an itchy butt that looked like it turned into staph. With the exam, meds, culture, and restock on heart worm, we walked out a whopping $310 lighter in the pocket... Now we have a fully energized bully on "the juice".
    I love him, but man I can't wait for my lazy baby to return... Lol
    If you canít adopt Ė foster.
    If you canít foster Ė sponsor.
    If you canít sponsor Ė volunteer.
    If you canít volunteer Ė donate.
    If you canít donate Ė educate, network, and crosspost.
    EVERYONE can do something large or small, to help save a life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •