It's official

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I haven't told my son yet but I just got Otis's biopsy & blood test results back and he will be staying with us forever. :jumpdance:

That swollen lymph node? Just an infection. :2thumbs: CBC looks great. No kidney problems lurking anywhere (yes, I asked for that test specifically... call me paranoid) Liver and Pancreas look great too.

He is still on the prednisone for 4 more days, yesterday we started a course of antibiotics for the swollen node and he seems to be settling right in

Slobbering on the redhead..

View attachment 24395.

and stealing Abby's toys...
View attachment 24396

He's home :heart:

now.... about that name :hmm:

That is wonderful news. I think you should stick with his given name. it is a lucky name for him as he was so lucky to find you and a wonderful home.:2thumbs:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Such great news, so happy for you and him, and relieved he will be OK. Plus he has a new and great fur-ever home. YEAH!!!! So happy for him.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
There is nothing better than a Foster Failure !!!!!! :2thumbs::jumpdance::2thumbs:

BTW .. I quite like "Otis" .. he looks like an Otis! :yes:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Congrats! So he's been there for days....what do you call him already to get his attention?

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Congrats! So he's been there for days....what do you call him already to get his attention?

I've been calling him Otis or O.

He and I were just laying on the couch and the doorbell rang. He jumped up and his thumb nail took a big chunk out of my nose. It hurts :cry: I screamed and jumped up. He ran under the table and won't come out. I didn't scream because it was mad or afraid but he won't come near me now :(

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Happy news! yay! We had the hardest time with girl puppy names - but boy names we liked were:
Dex (Dexter), Mojo and Buddah...lol

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!, this is great news (except for your nose) I am so happy for all of you!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
With all the talk about :yoda: around here lately I'm thinking that would be a cool name. And Yoda is somewhat similar phonetically to Otis so perhaps he won't eyen notice the change.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
that is so awesome. How is Abby taking it? You are such a great bully mom.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] I think I like that. I'll bring it up with the redhead tonight. Last night we were watching The Godfather (my all time favorite movie) and we started calling him Luca Brazi lol

[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] Abby is loving having him to play with. They sound like a couple of freight trains running through the house, it's great! She totally kicks his butt, he runs from her :ROFL:

Most Reactions