Wish me Luck......

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Well I took a couple of hours today to fill out two different applications for a rescue EB here in Florida. I have been so impressed by many people on this site who have opened their hearts and homes to these wonderful creatures. I know it can be a lengthy process but that is okay. We need to find the right match as does the EB that we adopt. Dublin comes first in all of this as she is a super happy well adjusted girl and the last thing I want to do is cause her angst especially with all that she has been through with her surgeries. I have always wanted to rescue and this is possibly the best time for us to do that. I can't take on major medical issues but all the "regular stuff" we can do along with lots of nutritious food, a loving home with lots of hugs and kisses and some adventures.:) I am open all ages and both sexes.
I am willing to do as many visits as it takes with Dublin to find her the best companion possible. Needless to say I am somewhat scared ( Make that terrified :eek:) so looking for all the support and advice I can get from you guys.
Thanks so much in advance..

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That is a wonderful thing you will be doing and giving a loving home to a poor bully that needs it so much, good luck with yoour adventure in this and I look forward to hearing of the outcome when you bring your new addition to the family home and I am sure you will find a great companion for dublin that she will love.

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
That is a wonderful thing you will be doing and giving a loving home to a poor bully that needs it so much, good luck with yoour adventure in this and I look forward to hearing of the outcome when you bring your new addition to the family home and I am sure you will find a great companion for dublin that she will love.

Dublin will have to give the "paws" up. I hope she makes a connection because I know she ( and we ) will be happier for it. Of course we hope the rescue loves us also:heart:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Wishing you all the best of luck!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
This is great news! It's ok to take your time. And make the best choice for Everybully! You will know when it's right! I just love that you're rescuing! :bravo:

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Can I first give you a :hug: for doing this?

These rescue organizations are pretty good at what they do. They won't even call you until they have a dog that they think fits your family. I know when I first filled out my application with MABR, they came to my house to interview not only me and my son but my girls too. She spent as much time on the floor getting to know Roxy and Abby as she did on my couch getting to know the humans in the house. By the time she left she had a pretty good idea of what would fit in best. Don't be nervous. It's going to be a great ride!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im sure you will find one that is suitable if not this one then another. my bully is a private rescue from a friend and it has been challenging but yet very rewarding. bless you for going this route.

LucyLou

Jul 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
That's great that you will be taking on a rescue bully. I too just took on a OEB rescue and was concerned about how she'd be with our other two dogs but they have all become the best of friends already. She had no training but she's come a long way in a very short time and it's hard to remember what life was like when we didn't have her. Good luck!

OP
Dubbiedog

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
I knew you guys would come through for me:2thumbs: I am very nervous about the whole ordeal but so excited at the same time. I wrote a one page "essay" about us and Dublin and why we wanted to rescue and really was honest about what we could handle. I would never, ever want to think about returning a rescue so for all concerned I need to be sure that the match is the best one possible. I can take on many things but there are certain items I know I can't especially with Dublin's ongoing medical issues. I sure have learned a lot about bullies though :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:bravo: ... and don't worry the right rescue bully is out there for you, it may come quick and it may take a long time to happen.

I don't know how Florida does it but at ROEB we get an application and go through it carefully, do vet checks, telephone interviews and the last thing is the homecheck. If they don't think the bully is right for you then it will never go further than that. But that doesn't mean that they won't keep looking for a bully that would be your perfect fit!!

I'm so happy for you ...... :jumpdance:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online