Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any kind of beds that wont tear or rip when chewed on by a bulldog?

Default Are there any kind of beds that wont tear or rip when chewed on by a bulldog?

My almost year old Bulldog has gone through at least 3 beds now, even a memory foam one that was costly.

Any sort of beds that don't rip? Of course the material would have to be super resistant against tearing, i've been searching for the longest time now. But still nothing to be found

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Are there any kind of beds that wont tear or rip when chewed on by a bulldog?

We've taken beds away, and just figure they will have to get used to the floor until they get past that chewing stage - Gizmo hit 2 before we got her another bed - she had trashed atleast 3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

I went with a Perla dog bed. It is hard plastic, you can get custom pads for it but I just went with old pillows and blankets. You find them on the Internet, haven't ever seen them in the store and inexpensive compared to many dog beds. My boxer was unable to destroy it and she was queen of bed mayham.
    I am a master at planking......

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Bulldoggie371's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather Morgan
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
    Likes (Received)

I got two of these for my Bullies, it's very hard plasti and they haven't chewed it up yet.
    http://stores.carolinapetpantry.com/...2.5/Detail.bok

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Are there any kind of beds that wont tear or rip when chewed on by a bulldog?

KONG makes a bully proof bed.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

From my own personal experience ........ if a bully decides the bed is toast ......... it's T.O.A.S.T. :hahaha:

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    From my own personal experience ........ if a bully decides the bed is toast ......... it's T.O.A.S.T. :hahaha:
    is that with or without peanut butter

Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Charlotte refuses to use her bed. She'll sleep on the couch or the floor. I've tried everything at least she doesnt eat it though!, good luck xx

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    is that with or without peanut butter

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

we use thick throw rugs that can be folded under the crate tray so lola cant get a corner to chew. stays cool in the summer. in the winter we give her a fleece blanket that she mounds up. she hasnt been able to chew strings off that one yet

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

K9 Ballistics makes one they guarantee ..I've not tried it..you can google them..it's made out of material like swat officers use. I just buy Coscto beds..and Jake isn't allowed alone with them...EVER! He's actually swallowed a couple beds..stuffing seems to be a favorite of his!
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 07-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gregory
    Likes (Received)

I have one from mammoth dog beds. its called an outdoor bed cause you can literally just hose it off.Ive had it for a year and a half and still no holes. Its made from ballistic nylon, it was 100$ but i think its worth it. Gregory has this thing where when someone comes home he grabs the bed carries it around the house then lays down and tries to eat it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads