Are there any kind of beds that wont tear or rip when chewed on by a bulldog?

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Beds have been trial and error for us. Our last Bully would destroy a bed in 30 minutes, but 3 or 4 towels from Wal-Mart would last a couple of months. Go figure. Ellie Mae though, loves her bed and chews on it lightly, but not enough to damage it. The washing machine is a different story. It has destroyed 2 beds for Ellie Mae. I'm sure my cheap butt is partially to blame as I got them from some discount stores, but they both ripped open after the 2nd wash. Fluff and stuffing was EVERYWHERE!

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
The towels have worked for us pretty well, too, except he sometimes confuses them with wee pads.

We would like to get him a bed for the living room, but he's just getting into his chewing phase so that makes us pretty hesitant. I really, really like these ones from etsy. They look pretty and would complement the rest of the stuff in the living room, but probably aren't the best quality. It seems like so many of the quality pet products are utilitarian-looking, and eventually they take over the home, you know? I understand they need to be able to take a "Bully Beating," but can't they be pretty, too? It'd be great if a Bully-Proof option turned up that could be covered!

Anyway, I'll be watching this thread for other ideas... :)

EDIT - I just saw the Perla bed suggestion. That could actually work with a normal pillow and pillow case and not look awful. Thanks for that one!

Attachments

• dogbed3.jpg
    dogbed3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 22
  • dogbed1.jpg
    dogbed1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 20
  • dogbed2.jpg
    dogbed2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Most Reactions