Hey mom whatcha doing?

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Sleeping it's 330 am !! My house is 2 story and all of the bedrooms are upstairs. Tyson has developed this habit in the last 2 weeks of barking anytime I go upstairs, it was just during the day, until tonight! It's extremely annoying because the only time i'm up there during the day is to put the baby down for a nap. She loves Tyson , like obsessive love .So she hears him and her eyes pop wide open:shout:. It's too hot to put him out when I go up there so I'm stuck. He has very different and distinctive barks and all this one means is hey mom what are you doing? I don't need anything AT ALL! I don't need to potty, I don't need food or water, I'm not scared, sick , tired, hot,cold ,nothing. Just wanted to say hi. Thought we might have a chat or maybe you could scratch my butt.
So I'm up and he is now snoring on my couch. I came downstairs he looks at me , walks back to the couch and passes out. Doesn't even stay awake long enough to be petted grrrrrrr. I would think he has developed separation anxiety except everyone else in my house can be in the living room while I'm upstairs and he still does it. Only to me, no on else. Ugh

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
I wouldn't reinforce it. I know it's hard with the baby, but if every time he barks you run downstairs it creates a behavior. He will learn if I bark, she'll come back. Just ignore him (if you can). Or maybe have someone else home with you... When you go upstairs have them watch him. When/if he barks, have them say "No Bark" and cut him off if he starts again...hope you can fix it :)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver is the same way with me minus the barking. He follows me around the house and if he thinks I'm going to leave, he will run to the door to try to go out the door too! He just started acting this way a few months ago. Won't let me out of his sight. It doesn't matter if other people are home or not. My husband can tell him no or even hold him so he can't follow me and once I'm out the door and he lets him go he will sit at the top of the stairs (I live in a bi-level, so my main floor is upstairs) staring at the front door and keeping an eye on the door from the garage until I come home. When he hears my suv pull in the garage and I take too long to get out of the car, I can hear him barking from inside the house.

No advice to give you but you are not alone in this!

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=5363]Taylor[/MENTION],
I don't usually come running unless > In the middle of the night I will because ! he is waking up others , not just me . 2 he is a senor and I worry that something might actually be wrong . His health/safety is worth way more to me than a little sleep. When I'm upstairs and my family is here they do try to stop him. Problem is he has a stubborn streak a mile long and he decided long ago that he is MY dog. Meaning he listens to me and not often others in my house =)

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] hmmm, well good luck! I think most bullies have that stubborn streak ;)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Yup they all have a stubborn streak :loco: But I totally agree that he just loves his mommy soooo much! :love:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... he loves you!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh yea i know this deal. sarah sleeps with us and im not here all the time as i spend a few days a week at my house so when im here. she will wake me up at night and what does she have to p no is something wrong no. i get out of bed to see whats up and what does she do. fall over sideways and put her paw in the air for me to pet her. are you serious its 3 or 4 am. :cursing: i totally get it. depending on my mood if she gets petted back to sleep or if i say go to bed and go to sleep myself. bullies :yes:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online