Breaded Bulldog Anyone?

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Sadly I was too upset to take photos but I returned from teaching today to find Linus, covered head to toe, in rice and breadcrumbs. He had literally breaded himself and most of the kitchen and living room floor by going into the cupboard and tearing apart four bags of rice and a canister of breadcrumbs. I found him laying on a pillow of crumbs with grains of rice stuck to his nose.

So much for the grain free diet!:bully:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh no!!!!! Your so much for the grain free diet was the first thing I thought of too!

Oh I hope he don't get a tummy ache..... :(

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I am sorry, but it all made me laugh. I just pictured it and thought, thank you lord, it wasn't my mess to clean up. lol

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I know, I have a feeling I will be finding rice and breadcrumbs for the next couple months.

Linus is totally fine - he didn't eat much of anything, he just ripped up the boxes and spread grains and crumbs EVERYWHERE.

Of course, when Baby T came out of his crate, he made a B-line for the mess and, because Mommy didn't let him our right away, he peed on top of the breadcrumbs. <o

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so sorry ............ but right now I am laughing out loud cos it sounds like something out of a comedy!! I repeat ... so sorry .. but still laughing! Do you think that maybe in the dog world the english bulldog was designed to be the clown of the species??? Why is everything they do so comical??!!??

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so sorry ............ but right now I am laughing out loud cos it sounds like something out of a comedy!! I repeat ... so sorry .. but still laughing! Do you think that maybe in the dog world the english bulldog was designed to be the clown of the species??? Why is everything they do so comical??!!??

OK and now I feel bad cos I keep imagining the scene and I can't stop giggling ... but I can also imagine the way you got home from work so tired and having to face all this mess to clean up. So here's my similar story .. kinda ... to maybe make it not seem too bad.

Maggie was still a puppy, and not knowing too much about bulldogs, we took it into our heads to do a U-Turn on the food and totally change brands for all six of them. Now the other five did fine, but within 24 hours Maggie showed signs of having an upset stomach. I've never seen a dog go into the yards to poop and for it to spray at least 3 feet out behind her (no exaggeration). So we put her on the bland diet but we had to go to hubbys family dinner that night so we caged her and moved the cage into the center of the kitchen. She hadn't shown any signs for a while, and the other two younger dogs were caged in the larger one a good 4 feet away in the corner of the kitchen.

When we came home two hours later, you would have sworn that she had aimed for the other cage. The liquid poop had managed to spray on the cage, and past it to hit the silk kitchen curtains that covered the back patio sliding doors. It was like somebody had spray painted the kitchen in diahorrea. I didn't quite know where to start ............... everywhere!! My only guess is that the other two pups knew what was coming because miraculously they must have ducked and missed the liquid explosion.

So apologies for laughing at your story and please feel free to giggle at my poop spray painting experience as much as you like!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OK and now I feel bad cos I keep imagining the scene and I can't stop giggling ... but I can also imagine the way you got home from work so tired and having to face all this mess to clean up. So here's my similar story .. kinda ... to maybe make it not seem too bad.

Maggie was still a puppy, and not knowing too much about bulldogs, we took it into our heads to do a U-Turn on the food and totally change brands for all six of them. Now the other five did fine, but within 24 hours Maggie showed signs of having an upset stomach. I've never seen a dog go into the yards to poop and for it to spray at least 3 feet out behind her (no exaggeration). So we put her on the bland diet but we had to go to hubbys family dinner that night so we caged her and moved the cage into the center of the kitchen. She hadn't shown any signs for a while, and the other two younger dogs were caged in the larger one a good 4 feet away in the corner of the kitchen.

When we came home two hours later, you would have sworn that she had aimed for the other cage. The liquid poop had managed to spray on the cage, and past it to hit the silk kitchen curtains that covered the back patio sliding doors. It was like somebody had spray painted the kitchen in diahorrea. I didn't quite know where to start ............... everywhere!! My only guess is that the other two pups knew what was coming because miraculously they must have ducked and missed the liquid explosion.

So apologies for laughing at your story and please feel free to giggle at my poop spray painting experience as much as you like!!

OMG! :eek:

One of my bullies had giardia badly and went through the same thing- he would back his butt up to the gate of the kennell and spray it outside of the kennel. about 3 feet it would shoot. It was bad. needless to say it was Novemeber and he spent most of his time outside in the beautiful Tucson weather while he was healing. I just remember putting gobs of diaper rash ointement on him and that it took months to finally get rid of it. And I was pregnant, so this is what I was waking up to every morning to clean up. His crate, and the wall, the floor, ect...

It 'twas horrible! :(

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman

One of my bullies had giardia badly and went through the same thing- he would back his butt up to the gate of the kennell and spray it outside of the kennel. about 3 feet it would shoot. It was bad. needless to say it was Novemeber and he spent most of his time outside in the beautiful Tucson weather while he was healing. I just remember putting gobs of diaper rash ointement on him and that it took months to finally get rid of it. And I was pregnant, so this is what I was waking up to every morning to clean up. His crate, and the wall, the floor, ect...

Oh dear...I will take rice and breadcrumbs over explosive poops any day of the week!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names

I am feeling your pain .......... :eek:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Someone else might need to invest in a baby gate for the pantry! Although he's never gotten into rice, Vegas adores Shake-n-bake! He's licking his chops right now as I read the story to him. And for baby T to top off the mess.............? Classic!

OP
sheshistory

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Photobucket

I am so mad I didn't take pics of the incident now but here's a pic of Linus afterward - apparently destroying bags of rice and breading yourself like a piece of friend chicken is a strenuous job!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Very tiring indeed! Love that pic and so wish you had gotten a pic of the mess. hard to think of these things at the time I know. WOW! Hope your vacuum held up to the challenge. hehe

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.