Glucosamine for horses

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Update on the Glucosamine Chondroitin MSM regimen.

I started something new about 6 weeks ago. You might think I'm crazy, I did a lot of research on the necessity of the three of these joint lubes. Anyhow, it was getting rather expensive to give the amount of the stuff they needed for their weight. I found a product that has more of the active ingredients than I've ever seen anywhere else. Believe me I've looked high and low. But, it's for horses, that's right, horses. I did the math and figure they each get 5 to 6 drops of the liquid on one meal a day.(use an eye dropper) It's vegetable base and only those ingredients are in it.
I break the dose down from 1 tablespoon for a 900 lb. horse to a 50 lb. and a 100 lb. bulldog. It comes in a 32 oz. bottle, it's an oil, looks like olive oil actually. Here's how it measures out. and it's called "Regenex"

Magnese 10mg
Glucosamine Sulfate 5000mg
Chondoitine Sulfate 1000mg
MSM 5000mg

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Here in te next few mints I'm gonna need something that will help with his hip dysplasia and his little knees. Let me know how this works. Have u started it yet?

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Here in te next few mints I'm gonna need something that will help with his hip dysplasia and his little knees. Let me know how this works. Have u started it yet?

I actually started it 6 weeks ago.
I'm careful not to give them to much because I don't know what the effect is on too much. I use an eyedropper to give the dose carefully. It must be kept in refrigeration. Shaken well and then served. Haha. I have told the people I sold bully's too about it and they have started using it also, just recently.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@Sherry..I used a product exactly like this years ago on our Rottie. It was from Canada and at that time not available here. My vet ifigured out the dosage and everything was great.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Sherry..I used a product exactly like this years ago on our Rottie. It was from Canada and at that time not available here. My vet ifigured out the dosage and everything was great.

Good to know Becky, thank you. I just put it on the food and they gobble it up. They didn't like taking the chew tabs and giving the pills wasn't real easy either. This just fit's us.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great find, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Very interesting.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This is very interesting ....... See the posts that I just put in this thread about my foster Bully, Bella ... I know she needs glucosamine but the vet wasn't the greatest help as to what type to get!!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...-torn-bad-news-luxating-patella-boo-urns.html

Do you give your bullys this because they have medical need for it, or is it a supplement. And where do you get it from??

I order it online direct. 2 of my bully's had a gimp, that's gone. I noticed some food even list's it as an ingredient. The other 3 get it as a supplement. I have been taking it for year's myself, so I know the benefit's of it. Trying different forms of it, I was determined to find something easier and more affordable. I will PM you the site.

piarevigliono

Jul 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hello, check out this product Chondropaw, they have a dosage for big dogs. It's a liquid dosage and is administered only once a week. I give it to my dog boxer Dvorak and made a big difference in his life already! I may help your dog too.

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Though I haven't seen this work for myself, my husband sells veterinary pharmaceuticals (including OTC supplements and such) and swears by this stuff. We are going to start our puppy on it at six months.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
bump

Saalwi

Community Veteran