OTIS

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Congrats hope it works out for you, he's lovely - and I wont take offense about the name "Otis" :lmao:

:lol: Don't worry, Otis is a strong and beautiful name! Takes a special guy to carry that name! lol.

Last edited:
OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
no offense meant [MENTION=4763]LynnA[/MENTION] See? In Maine. Otis is a fine, old country name.
Here in Jersey, Otis is either your local drug dealer or the guy Rocco sends to bust your kneecaps :)

We are back from the vet!! He has such heat stress in his throat that everything inside him is almost swollen shut. They put him on oxygen and gave him a sedative to relax and a cortisone shot for the swelling. Tomorrow he starts 10 days of prednisone. He is breathing MUCH healthier now :whew:

But we have some concerns. That lump that I thought was from him pulling against the collar is actually a swollen lymph node. The doctor said that node is 10 times its normal size. It could just be an infection, it could be because his immune system is shot (really?) or it could be lymphoma. She did a needle biopsy and ran a CBC. We should have the results back by Monday.

He is so stoned from the sedative, I'm almost tempted to put on some Pink Floyd and give him a bag of Doritos :ROFL:

If anybody ever had any doubt where the money donated to rescues goes... it goes for this. Todays doctor visit alone was over 400.00

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy you got him into the vets today, so now maybe he can rest well and start the healing process. I just hope he does not have lymphoma, we will keep our fingers crossed. Hugs to Otis and you.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
So happy you got him into the vets today, so now maybe he can rest well and start the healing process. I just hope he does not have lymphoma, we will keep our fingers crossed. Hugs to Otis and you.

me too! I texted her this morning about my taking him in but she was at work and couldn't get back to me until lunchtime. I couldn't just take him on my own because technically he belongs to MABR, not me. As soon as she texted me the ok we ran out.

I'm hoping for an infection too. She said that maybe with the steroids it will go down on its own.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Please keep us posted on his progress. He's such a handsome boy.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
OK. Ready for this? We got pictures :photo:

Here he is on the way home from the vet, all stoned out in the backseat of the car

imagejpeg_3.jpg imagejpeg_2 (1).jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg

Then, we're back home. I imagine he's got the munchies. I grab the sweet potato treats and they all follow me to my chair. I say "ok everybody SIT!" (don't look at my mess, its been a busy few days)

imagejpeg_2 (2).jpg

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Oh, look at that sweet boy! It's impossible for me to understand how anyone could have done anything but love on Mr. Handsome. So glad he is at home with you now. I love that last picture with the whole gang.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
so glad you were able to take *Chumley* in :tease:. Keeping fingers, toes, eyes, and paws crossed it's not lymphoma!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I hope its just a infection! He is so cute and does remind me of a OEBD but that could work in his favor because they tend to be healthier! Please keep us updated!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Oh I so pray it's just an infection and he will be right as rain in a few days!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Aww, he is adorable and I love the name Chumley for him! He reminds me of Tank (we think his mama was an EB/OEBD mix) with the bigger size and his face isn't as compact as some of the bullies. And when you said his tail looked like a broken cork screw...that's exactly how Tank's tail looks! Maybe they were separated at birth LOL

I'm glad he is in your capable hands and I hope he ends up being a lifer at your house! :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh wow Bev, I totally missed this. How exciting for you all. I personally like the name Otis and that name was one I considered for Wilson but the hubby shot it down. What a lucky boy to have found you, and you him. :heart:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
How's he doing today Bev? Hope the vet visit calmed his breathing down. C'mon, don't be selfish, you have to share all the crazy stories of Chum, Abs and Rox! :p

[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION]

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
OMG [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] I missed so much! He is so lucky to have found you! You are the best bullie mama :) Hope everything goes well :hug: :pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.