OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
@Twice he may not be full OEB, he may be a mix of the two. I hope he is heartworm free, that always worries me when you get one that has not been taken care of. He looks in pretty good shape considering. It won't take you long to get him back in shape and healthy.

Thankfully, we aren't in a heartworm zone so I'm not overly concerned with that. I am concerned, but not enough to lose sleep over if that makes sense.

His breathing is what concerns me the most. Poor guy sounds like a freight train. We can hear him breathing from 4 rooms away. I think he may have hurt his throat being chained up outside like he was. I'm not sure if that's something that will heal itself being in a harness or if he will need medical attention for it. It's definitely something I am going to have them look into. Listening to him breaks my heart. This is only 15 seconds of it :cry:

http://youtu.be/oPJd8CkdTdQ

poor dopey big headed guy :(

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh poor guy! I'm hoping that it's just excitement due to all the wonderful changes. :hug:

Congrats on the new addition! I say call him Biggie since you adore his big head so much. lol!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awww .. poor baby... Lets hope it isn't too serious,,, stress related or something like that. Such a pretty boy.

Brucie would be a good name, just saying... :D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He is a sweet boy and handsome he does remind me of an OEB, he has a longer snout. I hope his breathing has improved this morning, It did kind of sound like a stressed breathing.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
wow, he's gorgeous and that breathing! :whew: let's hope it settles down! Keep us updated on what the vet says and I think Chumley is an awesome name! just my two cents

LucyLou

Jul 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Awww he's adorable. Personally I don't mind the name Otis but I do think it might be nice to give him a new name to go with his new fresh start in life. I just took on a rescue OEB myself a week ago and her breathing was very similar to the way your guy is breathing but slowly over the week it has settled down. I hope it settles down for him too....he looks like a cutie.

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
wow, he's gorgeous and that breathing! :whew: let's hope it settles down! Keep us updated on what the vet says and I think Chumley is an awesome name! just my two cents

I've been calling him Chumly all morning :ROFL: He was that walrus in the cartoon lol

His breathing isn't any better this morning. I took that video this morning. When I was fighting with him to put the harness on I felt a big lump in his throat. Now I'm sure he hurt himself with the collar. I just hope it's something fixable. Poor guys eyes are bright red, I'm pretty sure he isn't getting enough oxygen. They can't get him to the vet until Monday now. I just put in a call to see if I can take him to my vet.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I've been calling him Chumly all morning :ROFL: He was that walrus in the cartoon lol

His breathing isn't any better this morning. I took that video this morning. When I was fighting with him to put the harness on I felt a big lump in his throat. Now I'm sure he hurt himself with the collar. I just hope it's something fixable. Poor guys eyes are bright red, I'm pretty sure he isn't getting enough oxygen. They can't get him to the vet until Monday now. I just put in a call to see if I can take him to my vet.

see Bev, great minds think a like! Or is it just because we're both crazy, who knows, but I like you!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
awww great save! I missed the initial post but I'll go look for it. He's adorable and i love him already!
Hopes for a speedy recovery.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION], his breathing does some bad, Buddy has done that before when he was stressed and hot, but after a while he would calm down and quit. Your boy may have an elongated palate or like you said he may have injured himself with the collar. You said "they" can't' get him to the vet until Monday? Who's "they", I thought he was at your house.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] can't you take him out of that crate? He's really stressed and hot

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] He's out of the crate now. I have a diaper on Abby "just in case". She finished her heat cycle I think a week ago, she's not swollen anymore but I need to be safe. He isn't trying to mount her in any way but I'm still erring on the side of caution. She's suspender-ed and diapered until further notice.

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] When I took that godawful collar off his neck I felt a huge lump in his throat. I'm absolutely positive he hurt himself being collared and chained like he was. I went and got him a cheap harness for now and I've wrapped an ice pack around his throat to see if that helps with the swelling.

"they" are Mid Atlantic Bulldog Rescue. They are going to take him to their doctor so that I don't have to pay for any of this. As of today, he is still a rescue in my care. As soon as we get him back in shape we will start the adoption process.

He is SO well behaved. I can't believe it. I don't know what these people's problem with him was. I see absolutely no reason at all to have kept him chained outside. He sits when you tell him. He knows leave it. He didn't eat this morning until I told him he could. He didn't pull me on the walk and sat at the door until I told him he could come in.

Roxy has already put him in his place so he stays out of her way. He's right now drooling all over Giuseppes pants playing on the floor. :ROFL: Abby is sleeping on the couch, he isn't paying any attention to her at all. He did try to show a little toy aggression but I stopped that real quick. He hasn't shown any of it since.

I'm going to take some pictures in a little bit.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Tiwce it's usually not the dog that has the problem, it's def the people. Makes us so angry. Thank goodness he's been rescued

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh, sorry I forgot about that, duh, I just needed to read the upper post, I'm brain dead today. I hope the ice on his throat will help, and maybe he will calm down later today. He seems like a very good boy and I'm so happy he is in your care. He has a great home now, it's just unbelievable how some people will not take care of a beautiful boy like him. Are they letting you take him to your vet today? [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] Just curious, because there may be something they can give him to help with his breathing, so he won't get so tired trying to get a breath in. Please keep us posted on his progress.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Congrats hope it works out for you, he's lovely - and I wont take offense about the name "Otis" :lmao:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.