A little concerned..

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas has been walking different, he seems to take the weight off his back left leg, I have noticed for about a week. Last week we received a letter from our normal vet that He will be on vaca. from 7-20 until 7-26. So taking him to the vet tomorrow is out.

I just sat down with him after watching him wobble outside and bent his leg back and fourth and did range of movement, he didn't seem to be in any pain, and then...I work my fingers up to right under to the left of his butt and found a lump above his whole leg, it is marble size and freely moves around. I had to press deep to feel it. He still jumps up and down from the couch but when he walks he looks stiff in the leg.

A while ago when [MENTION=3169]BellasMom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] was visiting we were all at Petsmart and Vegas actually kind of fell down for no reason and favored his left leg. Any thoughts? I am going to take him to the vet as soon as he gets back, again I don't think he is in pain. Starting to worry since I just found the lump.

Other than the stiff leg after snoozing, nothing is different, he still plays, jumps up and down on the couch, eats drinks etc....

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Gosh Kelly I don't know could just be a sprain of some sort the lump may or may not have anything to do with it. Might be the heat. Have u. Checked his paw. If he has a cut or maybe walking ok something hot burned it. Will be awaiting what the vet says with good thoughts

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Gosh Kelly I don't know could just be a sprain of some sort the lump may or may not have anything to do with it. Might be the heat. Have u. Checked his paw. If he has a cut or maybe walking ok something hot burned it. Will be awaiting what the vet says with good thoughts
He only goes out the back door where our wonderful Florida lawn is grass and sand (which he loves to eat) I did check his paw no cuts or knicks, I completely bent his leg back and fourth and moved it all around, he just laid there looking at me like I was crazy. Then I found the lump. ?? With this heat he only goes out to potty and right back in. I am worried about the lump. Of course I am already thinking tumor and my darn vet is out of town!!! Going to be a long week. IF I see him getting worse I will go to the ER with him, but right now it is bothering me more than him.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
He only goes out the back door where our wonderful Florida lawn is grass and sand (which he loves to eat) I did check his paw no cuts or knicks, I completely bent his leg back and fourth and moved it all around, he just laid there looking at me like I was crazy. Then I found the lump. ?? With this heat he only goes out to potty and right back in. I am worried about the lump. Of course I am already thinking tumor and my darn vet is out of town!!! Going to be a long week. IF I see him getting worse I will go to the ER with him, but right now it is bothering me more than him.
Sarah has had a lump on her back for 3 years n she's fine so don't go thinking the worst hon. Could have just sprained it some just watch him n see how it goes. If he's not I'm pain ok if so you can give some low dose aspirin its what I give Sarah

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
First of all... STOP THINKING TUMOR!! :nono: Until you hear differently, it's a fatty deposit. Got it missy! Think positive :)

Maybe he just jumped off the couch wrong. Maybe the humidity is making him stiff. Watch him closely (I know that goes without saying) and if he gets worse maybe a trip to the ER is worth it.

In the meantime, stay calm! I'm sending all the good thoughts I have your way tonight :hug:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Kelly..I have lots of lump experience! Just know..Dogs Alwlays get lumps. They are mostly nothing..but I'm sure if I were you I'd be concerned. Since it moves freely the odds are great it's a fatty lump. The only way to know for sure is to take him in. Why don't you call the vet and make an appt for the day he gets back. In the meantime..just watch for any changes..if need be you can always go to another vet..but a week's wait should be ok! :hug:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could have just sprained it jumping. Hoping he will start improving in a day to two.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Nothing to add, but sending positive and calming thoughts....

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Bella had a "movable" lump in the same place once. It was a swollen lymph node. The vet said it was normal at times. Watch him closely and he might have just strained something and will get better in a couple days. Give him a huge kiss and hug from me.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I was thinking I read somewhere that if the lump moves that is a good thing. Not something to be worried about? Dont stress yet. Call and make the appt for when he gets back. Breathe and have a glass of wine.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Missed thus altogether, wow. I believe if it is moveable it us not a worry. What hubby learned when he was young having many dogs growing up. Core easier said to not worry than done but i am sure you found the lump by coincidence and maybe was there a long time before thus little sprain. When cutty tie his acl it was obvious he hurt his leg, more so than a limp. What threw me is that he started walking on it days after and showed much improvement. I would def go to the Vet when yours us back but more than likely us a sprain and the lump a fatty tissue our something. Hug!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
any update on this? [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] wondering how our boy is doing now.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Wow just reading my post... Think i should stop Pissing from my phone, wow. Hope Vegas is ok Kelly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.