No poo or pee tonight!?

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
So, today, Lola surely didn't poo, and most probably didn't pee either! It's evening now here. Is this something to worry about, or it just happens on certain days?

I'm trying to remember if there was anything different today that might be the cause. In the morning I tried getting her used to the car and it scared her a bit (but was acting normal after it, so it probably can't be that).
The other thing was that during the day, there was very windy (very unusual for here), which also threw her off a bit.

She's also 7 months no, can it be a start of her first period? (no other signs, though)

P.s.: Since I don't consider this a health issue for now, I'm posting it in General Bulldog Talk. Maybe it's nothing to worry about, what do I know. :)

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Has she gone today? if not, maybe she has found a spot in the house to go. Does she have free reign of the house?

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Sorry, I meant "today", not just "tonight". Can't edit the title.

So, it's 11PM now here (23:00), and during the whole day, she didn't poo, and I'm quite sure she didn't pee either.

She does have free reign of 1 whole floor. But everything was checked.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
For now I'd just watch her closely....is it possible she ate something she shouldn't have (piece of fabric, plastic, etc) ...these things could very well block her up, so to speak....if your confident she didn't swallow something she won't be able to pass....I'd just let nature take its course....but if no poop tomorrow call the vet....hope it's nothing

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I do agree, see how she does tonight and if nothing by tomorrow I'd call your vet. Usually my females will pee more just before their heat cycle, but can get a little constipated.

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
It's possible she ate something because she's pretty much chewing everything in her sight. :(

She ate normally, but I just remembered that she drank a bit more than usually, just around 2 hours ago she was breathing a bit strangely (just for a few seconds), then she drank quite a lot (it was 2 hours ago, at 9PM). Will go out with her a couple of times this night to see what happens.

P.s.: She's sleeping next to me during this night, right under my desktop PC, just so I can pay attention to her.

Last edited:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I also am more worried about the peeing. Females don't get bladder stones as easy as males, but it is not unheard of. Bulldogs can also have a defected gene that can cause bladder stones, I know cause my Usko is affected and has had them. If her stomach is tender or if she starts to vomit take her to the vet asap. The condition can be real serious, but think it doesn't become that over night.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It's possible she ate something because she's pretty much chewing everything in her sight. :(

She ate normally, but I just remembered that she drank a bit more than usually, just around 2 hours ago she was breathing a bit strangely (just for a few seconds), then she drank quite a lot (it was 2 hours ago, at 9PM). Will go out with her a couple of times this night to see what happens.

P.s.: She's sleeping next to me during this night, right under my desktop PC, just so I can pay attention to her.

FYI...Jake has eaten more than his fair share of stuff he shouldn't have..he always..always drinks more water..he has been lucky that he's been able to throw up his "prey" or poop it out! Please know..this can be very serious if she ate something that won't pass. if I were you..I'd search high and low for any signs of missing toys..or pieces of things..

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I just took her out and I'm pretty sure she peed (it was in a dark spot - it's about midnight here, but she went to the pee pose). So that's nice.

Now I just need to wait if she's going to poo in the morning. If not, it's going to be 1 day and a half without poo.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Long as she is peeing that's good I'd just keep an eye on pooping. If none tomorrow i would think take her in especially if she's eating normally. Keep us posted

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
What are you feeding her? I only ask because if she's eating raw I've heard it's normal to skip a #2 for a day or 2. If you think she might be constipated, try giving her some pumpkin with her food or an apple for a snack. The peeing is good tho. Very good!

If she still doesn't :poo: by tomorrow I'd call the doctor.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad she peed, so hoping she will poop in the morning.

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Great news, she pooed! The poo was a bit harder than usual, so that was probably the reason. Her diet is a bit different now as I took away chicken products (she's having small allergies and chicken is my first guess), so that might be the reason.

Members online

No members online now.