Pet insurance

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was wondering how many of you have pet insurance and what company's you go through? What are the perks of having insurance and how does it work?:confused:

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Thank you for the links! I read through it all and did some research and I think we are going ot go through pet plan because they are cheaper but still cover the same stuff as trupanion. Hope we are making the right choice!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you for the links! I read through it all and did some research and I think we are going ot go through pet plan because they are cheaper but still cover the same stuff as trupanion. Hope we are making the right choice!

[MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION] has this one..has used it and is very happy! I'm glad it helped..it's so easy to get confused about Pet Insurance!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I wish there was a insurance that you didnt have to pay up front for and was more like our health insurance is! The problem being you still have to come up with the money up front and that is where the problem is!

vazkez

Jun 24, 2012
Tucson, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Marlow

They cover the same stuff but Trupanion has no payout limits.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I wish there was a insurance that you didnt have to pay up front for and was more like our health insurance is! The problem being you still have to come up with the money up front and that is where the problem is!
Check into Carecredit. Works like a credit card..but it's interest free for 6-24 months. It depends on the size of the bill. It's usually available at your vet..dentist..eye doctor etc. or you can apply online. You can charge your expense on this card and pay it off when you receive reimbursement. Also can put your copayment on it. I highly reccomend it!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Try looking at Go Pet Plan. Great plan and have monthly, quarterly or annual payment plans. They also cover congenital and have 3 plans to choose from. I use them and like them.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I was looking at the go pet plan and that looks like what we will decide but also want to look into carecredit and see if we can get that also!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
I'm trying to think why I went with trupaniin over pet plan. I'm pretty sure it's because they covered more with a lower deductible. No limit to what they lay out and extremely fast. I got a check from them within 10 days of submitting my claim for allergy testing. I think also the deciding factor was that trupaniin covered hip dispassion, with a small extra fee. Bubba shies no signs now, but he is still young. If you don't get the coverage for that early, they don't cover ore existing conditions. None of them do. I pay about 50 a month with full coverage with hip displasia. 100 dollar deductible Sooo with it. Go to Internet and look up reviews for these plans and see wwhatvthey say. That's what I did

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
SoRry for the errors in the previous post! Typing on iPhone and the auto correct,etc drives me cra y sometimes! I hope it will still make sense!

ccurran

Apr 17, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seamus
I signed up for Healthy Paws a few days before we received Seamus. As with all pet insurances there is a 15 day waiting period and if anything is found in the initial vet visit it most likely won't be covered in the future. On Seamus' first vet visit he had a left eye infection and giardia. So I called Healthy Paws and they said that most likely they would put an extra waiting period (like 6 months) on these two issues and if there are no more flare ups during those 6 months then they should be covered after that. We mostly got pet insurance to cover the big things and so we didn't have to worry about the cost of surgeries, etc. Healthy Paws costs us $61 per month and has no annual or lifetime cap on incident coverage (90% coverage with $250 deductible).

So knock on wood we never have to actually use it but its nice to have the reassurance in case something goes wrong.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
we have go pet plan and we love it!! they are so easy to work with and VERY quick turn around when you submit a claim!

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
We went with Trupanion.. we have a higher deductible ($250) but no limits and 90% coverage. I think what ever you go with you'll sleep a little better :)

We could be looking at some hefty vet bills with Molly's knee's :( .. im VERY glad we got the insurance.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.