Thread: are they worth it?

Real Name
    Kevin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Renzo
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: are they worth it?

@jlj481 Yes, they are worth it and not all bulldogs have problems or major problems.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice ~ Neil Peart

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jlj781 View Post
    Hey, weve been looking into a bulldog for a long time and we both really love them, but while this forum is very informative and has helped us a bunch, it has scared us away from them a little bit. we knew coming in that bulldogs had alot of health problems and wernt going to be the healthiest breed out there but the amount of different problems and amount of people having problems on here have got us scared off a bit. we were planning on getting our first bulldog right away and were just wanting some reassurance that its not all problems with these cute little guys and we could have a relatively healthy dog that lives for a normal life span. i know this is a forum for help when bulldogs have problems and thats why there is so many but we just wanted to make sure that there is alot of you bulldog owners out there that have had little to no problems aswell thanks.
    Worth it??? 1 million percent. Dublin has had so many many issues but the love and laughter she has brought to our home is priceless. I see on this site and many other places extremely healthy bullies. I did all of my research and felt very good about the breeder and still have a dog that could drive us to the "poor" house, but what a ride it is I am working on getting her the healthiest I can because I plan to adopt a rescue at some point. they give themselves to you so completely you are in love in an instant. Do you think you could consider a rescue? or is your heart set on a puppy? Ask the breeder all of the "tough" questions. If they can't answer or wont' then move on. Ask for references and if possible go see other dogs they have homed and follow up on these items. It's hard work but so worth it in the end.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Late to this one.... Well with Cutty we hadnt had any health issues until he tore his acl. BUT he did that playing or something, wasnt something he was born with so that can happen to anyone. Aside from that he has been very low maintenance honestly. Got him from a good, reputable breeder which is of course key as most would say in getting the healthiest of them. Miila came to us with cherry eye and soft pallet issues. Both of which were easily corrected when she got spayed and so far, knock on wood she has been good since. BUT not knowing much of her breeding she is more a risk I think. Dont be afraid to get one, the love and fun they give are welllllll worth the cost if it arises. Just make sure you are prepared for the in case down the road and jump on in. I will be getting more someday for sure.

Real Name
    Kassie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus McGee
    Likes (Received)

Research. Find a good breeder, with clean and healthy dogs. Talk to their vet. Its so worth it, but if you're looking for a cheap bully...then they're not the right breed for you.
    "You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats animals"

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Are they worth it? Absolutely yes!
    It took us a long time in replacing our pugs that we lost after 14 years and I wanted a bully so much but kept putting it off untill January when we got Ftse, we have had only minor health issues with him nothing that could not be fixed Ftse had cherry eye and was operated on in April and all seems good now. I do suggest take insurance straight away unlike myself I did not take it until the cherry eye op so I was not covered and never will be for his eyes, but that is my stupidity in putting everything off to another day.
    When I walk in the door after work and Ftse is there waiting for me and gets all excited that is all I need to know they are worth it, he has brought so much joy into mine and Richards life everyday I am sure you will never regret getting a bully whether they have problems or not you just deal with it. and they have so much unconditional love to give you.

I would not be without my Ftse.
    -ftse-102-copy-jpg

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Yes so worth it!!!
    "My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog thinks I am."
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your life.
    <---DUKE

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jenna
    Likes (Received)

Farts, burps, slobber galore...not to mention the snoring.....I also wanted a EB for years...so i ended up with a 3 year old rescue...only had her about 3 months and have to admit she's in alot better shape than she was when i brought her home....people in the neighborhood where i walk her yell from their porches/yards...lookin good Jenna....since she was a breeder, kept in a cage and never experienced life in a family she has now discovered her puppyhood....so she is basically a bull in a china shop (we begin obiedence training thursday) but i love it and would definately do it again....she is the most loving, greatest personality and the best dog i've ever had around small kids

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I cant imagine life without them !!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads