Howard Stern bulldog Bianca dies

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I didn't know Howard Stern had a bulldog. Apparently she died of old age. They adopted Bianca in 2002 and they had her for ten years. Both Howard and Beth are absolutely devastated!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Oh that is so sad! But what a great thing that she had such a long life!

Nadiel

May 10, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Booker
Yup, Beth spends her days doing work for the North Shore Animal League...

Howard and Beth have a few rescued cats at their apmt in New York, dont know if they have another dog other than Bianca.

Howard talked about Bianca on his radio show quite often, she was getting sick and they knew the time was coming soon. Howard sounded heartbroken talking about it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
How sad. They loved that dog and he talked of Biana frequently on is radio show. Beth, his wife, does a lot of stuff for rescues.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I remember him talking about this Bulldog that came into the rescue Beth works at that had all it's teeth knocked out so it could be used as a bait dog. It broke my heart listening to him talk about the poor guy.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry for their loss, plus the people who use dogs for baiting need to be shot on site.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sorry for their loss, plus the people who use dogs for baiting need to be shot on site.

Ditto to what David said!!!

It's really heartwarming to know that Howard Stern and his wife care so much about animals, especially those that are mistreated and unwanted. I always had this perception of Howard as this vulgar strange dude but now I think of him as having a big heart too.
Rest in peace Bianca.

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I always had this perception of Howard as this vulgar strange dude
This is probably more of a problem of our society, and not so Howard Stern himself. Think about it. It's OK if people talk about war, violence, financial greed etc. on TV, be it during news or during various TV series, but the moment someone says "a bad word", or god forbid, a woman's breast gets shown, it's like some huge crime was committed and everyone jumps up ... go figure! I don't follow Howard Stern as much, but to my knowledge, he constantly speaks about sexuality (a totally natural thing that makes people feel good, unlike war & violence) and uses certain words that are in the end just a collection of letters.

Sorry for off-topic, but I always found this interesting. :)

P.s.: I don't even want to quote the story JeannieCO wrote, it's so sad. :mad:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Yes I saw this but did not have time to read it. That's heartbreaking for sure. I don't know how people can do what they do to animals

Most Reactions

Members online