Tuckers breeder lashes out at us on facebook link inside

Tucker

Apr 13, 2012
Ingersoll ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I mentioned in the original thread about tuckers breeder being a problem, but didnt go into details.

we have learned how important it is to get references for a breeder in the future. not just go by feel.

if your interested, follow this link... https://www.facebook.com/permalink....id=247223995327680&notif_t=feed_comment_reply***link removed***

its unprofessional ism at its best of a business i have ever seen. slander, defamation of my fiancee is all in there. we have made copies of the entire thread and are in the process of putting together a case for financial compensation under her guarantee which we will be taking in front of the courts here in ontario canada

anyone ever challenged a breeder in court... the ckc has been less then willing to do anything for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I had issues with Bella's breeder, but he didn't wait until I went to court. I guess I was on him so hard, he knew I would take him to court. So we settled.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Hmm. I read the fb posts you posted. Sounds like a big mess! Sad that your puppy is not doing well! Bubba has always had the occasional reverse sneezes. He is doing fine though. Sounds like, to me, if your bets can block out all personal info and just have the facts sent to your breeder, that would be all they need? Worth a shot, I would think..and get your puppy the compensation he needs!

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
Being on the outside I don't understand why you don't send vet reports. Sharpie/black out the account info and personal info. I'm just saying, I know its hard, put yourself in her shoes...you and your vet knows what is going on and you expect her to pay money but not have proof of WHAT she is paying for.

Just my opinion tho...:blush2:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I agree with Kassie. If you send her the reports, you are showing her proof of Tucker's problems, and she can see that it is more serious than she obviously believes. When we had to put Aubrey down after 4 failed surgeries to correct her intestinal fistula, we requested her records the day after and went directly after her warranty. Since we had everything documented, they honored the warranty.

On the other hand, I don't doubt that she has been a pain to communicate with based on the attacks on facebook. Black out the information, send it certified so you get a signature that it was delivered, and see what she says. Once she gets the information, she has to respond in some form, and if she doesn't, you should have a better case if it goes to court because you did what you needed to do to provide her proof. Put the ball in her court and see what she does.

Pulling for you here!!!! We had no idea Aubrey had her problem and it wasn't until they did surgery for what they thought her problem was that they found it. Her surgical sites leaked 4 times... and there really wasn't a good chance she'd recover after a 5th surgery and we ran out of money to try. We were really surprised to get anything because we didn't have solid proof that it was genetic, she had just been sick since we had her. I know how heartbreaking it is to see your baby go through something so devastating. BUT I am SO happy that Tucker is free to live a happy pup now. I would give anything to have my Aubrey back no matter how much it cost me. This may be just speaking emotionally from my situation, but no matter what happens with the breeder, focus on the positive and be happy your baby is still with you. That's what really matters.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I read the thread, but I dont know the medical history of Tucker (sorry I havent read all of the threads on here), from what you asked me (all of us) to read by posting the thread, I can see that you are obviously upset, and I can see that the breeder doesnt want to saying ANYTHING about compensation, UNTIL they have the Vet report in hand. As others have said previously - if there is personal information, Credit card numbers, addresses etc, use a sharpie and black them out, or request that your Vet sends the case file to the breeder, or breeders vet to verify your claim.

I see frustration on both sides of the fence, but I feel the only way to resolve such a conflict is to work together - *HUSH NOW* and listen - - (Points my finger at all parties involved)

1) Photo Copy documents - black out with a sharpie - an PHOTO COPY again (then you can't hold it up to the light to see 'through the sharpie) Ok so its going to cost a few Pennies for the photo copying - SHOULD you have to do this? and incur this cost? Only if you want SOMEtype of Compensation back from the breeder.

2) Certify Mail to her HOME (or business address) Certify, so she has to sign for it. then you have proof she received it

3) to demand anyone drive 2 hours to review a document, and to make that person promise compensation in advance of reviewing the document is just plain ludicrous, I can see where people think each other are off of their rockers.

There, this whole issue over the documentation is over and down with - that is the FIRST Step.

now, with the documentation the breeder can not dispute that there is a perceived issue - next it falls to validity of the claim within the guarantee. Again, it falls on the buyer to prove the validity. (is it a generic defect that is covered or is it something else)

Buyer Beware - and everyone REALLY needs to look at themselves when they start talking about 'slander' (when is the last time you have heard ANYONE winning a 'slander' lawsuit? I'm not sure about up in Canada, but in the US, its a RARITY, just look at all of the Crap that the Rag Gossip Papers publish (and get away with it!)

"Headline - Michelle Obama is pregnant with Rush Limbaugh's Love Child"
I HOPE Tucker is doing better, I hope Tucker leads a happy and healthy life and you all bring immense joy to each other.

. This is just my opinion, and how I read into your Facebook Thread.

However, the ball is still in Tuckers Parents court to PROVE the breeder is liable... and honestly... if I'm a judge or jury and I'd see this facebook thread, I'd be tossing it out just on the childishness of a 'Facebook' battle.

OP
T

Tucker

Apr 13, 2012
Ingersoll ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
so I didnt know I was breaking any rules here posting this. I aplogize.

As for blacking out the information and sending the vet reports, its been offered many times before these attacks. And again in the fb thread i asked her 3x where to send them, and each time got a smart *** answer with no clear direction. I have offered her to meet us at our vets office so she can speak to our vets who made the decisions and diagnosis. All has fallen on deaf ears and she isnt willing to do anything.

I have just gotten off the phone with a lawyer, I didnt want it to come to this because it just creates more upset in our house hold.

She slandered and defamed my fiancee pretty bad on a public forum and has broken laws regarding this. The lawyer is now looking into the breech of contract, and reviewing all information we have provided to proceed with a case. Based on the stacks of emails, and snap shots of the fb convo its is a pretty clear case.

We never have hurt our dog, we have only done whats best for him. Her diagnosis of reverse sneezing ? was not what I experiance that morning while holding my lifeless not breathing puppy. Im just glad i was able to stay calm, and put my cpr training for humans to use on my poor puppy before it was too late.

Her accusations of abuse and non stability in our home has devistated my fiancee and I. We are both professionals with careers that could be effected by such accusations and statments of untruth. Tucker gets only the best care, the best food, the toys, and all our attention. To date, I have used 12 vacation days from my job to take tucker to appointments, stay home iwth him when he has been ill and such.

Again, sorry for breaking rules here, wasnt my intetion.

OP
T

Tucker

Apr 13, 2012
Ingersoll ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] we have offered over and over, but have never been given a clear direction to send documents too. She uses statments like " my house - where else?", " youve been here, send them here" It was in March when we went to her house, and it took us 3 hours to find the place, its over 2 hours away from us, and I honestly dont have the address anymore. On the information from CKC it shows a address that doesnt coinside with where we went that day to get Tucker. I google mapped it cause I do recall some of the areas we were in. Ive asked for a clear address, or fax # to send the information too. I have made many attempts, but there comes a point in time that you just dont attempt anymore. I have a career, that has been effected by the amount of time I have had to take off to look after Tucker. Its a good thing both my and my fiancee have great employers as we have had so many unexpected situations occur.

As for your slander question about slander/defemation of charector in Canada the law states you are not able to PUBLISH non factual information on a PUBLIC forum. All which she did over and over. I will look up the exact definition for you>

from here: http://www.cba.org/bc/public_media/rights/240.aspx

What is defamation?
Defamation is communication about a person that tends to hurt the person's reputation. Defamation is a strict liability tort, which means that the intentions of the defamer are not relevant. The communication must be made to other people, not just to the person it's about. The statement must be false to be classified as defamation. If it is spoken, then defamation is termed “slander". If it is written, it is termed “libel”. It can also be a gesture, which is a type of slander.

Im sure our laws are different here in canada as we are a "tort" system, im not sure how the US works.

Hope that puts some insight into your question about slander/defemation.

OP
T

Tucker

Apr 13, 2012
Ingersoll ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
@AubreyMom

your story is heart wrenching and im so sorry you lost your pup. Im glad to hear your breeder was respomsible and assisted you.
To be honest, the money isnt a big deal to us ( were not rich, and its effected our "fun fund" ) but the lack of support and compasion from someone claiming to be a professional is what has us frustrated the most. Add in the personal attacks, accusations of abuse, accusations of convincing professionals to do unneeded surgery and the lack of caring is what has us upset.
Sure some finacial help would be nice, an offer to pay the deductibled on the pet insurance, an simple gesture of sending Tucker a get well card with his registration papers or a simple phone call to see how he is doing would have made this situation better. But everytime we spoke to her its always been accusations of how bad of people we are for putting out puppy through this.

It makes me sad thinking how close we came to loosing him and the emotions I felt then, I can only imagine to this day what your emotions are in regards to your dog, im sorry to read that story.

Tucker is for the most part on the right track to being healthy. We knew the risk of bulldogs and the health complications that can be associated with them, I still have all my emails asking a ton of questions I learned to look for from this site to our breeder before even going to see the pup. All which were answered in detail by here.

Its a frustrating situation. Im just glad we still have tucker... i would be lost without him.

Again sorry to read of your loss... no words I can say will ever show my feelings for you.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Slander is very much prosecutable in the U.S. If you are in the public arena..the standards are much..much different than if you're just a "regular" person. This is an awful situation ...we do what we have to do.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=4694]Tucker[/MENTION] I am glad you are standing your ground, sounds like a lot of miscommunication and assumptions everywhere. While reverse sneezing is not uncommon at all, I am bothered by the assumption that is all it ever was without seeing the pup and contacting your vet. I do not blame the breeder for wanting records either, but it also sounds like even if those were given they probably won't make a difference. Good luck on your case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Sorry to hear this is going on, I was able to read some of the comments. She should not have called you bad bully owners when really it just sounds like you were doing what was best for Tucker! I hope everything gets resolved!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.