what to pack?

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I go to get Lola the 25th and I will have to drive 4 hours to where she is and wont be getting her tell 7:30pm so I will be staying the night and also taking her to a vet before I travel home the next day. My question is what do I pack to where I dont contaminate everything but still bring enough that she is comfortable? Im not bringing her crate but I do have a smaller tub I am bringing, the crate is way to big. Thanks!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Plenty of blankets and towels as they will get peed and pooped on. Plastic trash bags to put the soiled stuff it, paper towels, food, toys, water, bowls, camera, and of course computer or tablet to send pics along the way, (hehe) There is something I am forgetting, but someone will be along to tell us. So excited for you getting your new baby.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:clap: You must be getting soooo exited! I'm going to tag a couple people who traveled to bring home their pups..a video camera to post videos here is required! :ROFL:

@JeannieCO
@kazzy220
@Davidh

Im at work and it's hard to secretly type on my phone so ibeii respond when I get home. We drove 5 hrs each way for Wilson and 14 hrs each way for Emma.....i know just what you need to bring!!!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Im at work and it's hard to secretly type on my phone so ibeii respond when I get home. We drove 5 hrs each way for Wilson and 14 hrs each way for Emma.....i know just what you need to bring!!!

I will be waiting! I would have never thought about bringing lots of towels. Desertskybulldogs also said not to let her on the floor in the hotel and to bring my own towel to the vet to set her on while she is being check to I will for sure be doing those things. Also I have a camcorder may need help learning how to post a video but I also will be bringing my camera!!!!! Keep this threat going I need all the help I can get :yes:!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
TO be honest I am excited about her coming home and I cant wait to hold her! But I am also nervous and a little scared! I am worried about heath problems and one of her eyes looks irritated and has some drainage in the pics but also I'm nervous about house breaking and crate training along with the sleepless nights. I feel like when I had my youngest daughter so excited but so not knowing what to expect with the future. Happy, scared, nervous, thrilled, and cautious! How can I feel those things all at one time? Maybe Im making it a bigger deal than it is but I take being a pet owner very seriously and it is a commitment just like having children was and I want to be a good owner and mama! Sorry for the crazy woman vent!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Did you ask the breeder about her eye? I saw that in another post, where you posted pics and was wondering. Just take a deep breath and it will be OK. Enjoy your pup, the other things will fall into place, (house training, and crate training). just be patient and consistent with the training and before you know it, it will be all over.

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ya I did ask the breeder about her eye she goes to the vet on Friday for her shots and she will have the vet look at it then. I also pick her up the 25th and before I leave the city and come back to the middle of no where Im taking her to the vet the 26th already made the appointment because regardless of what the breeder says I want to get her looked at again and checked for worms. I just hope she is healthy!

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
We drove 4hrs to get Rufus. The breeder fed dinner early and we made frequent pee stops and he was allowed water when we got closer to home. Honestly he slept the whole way:lazy2: Since you are spending the night I'd pack a puppy bag-travel bowls, little bit of food, a good chewing toy, a light blanket to lay on, WIPES, and maybe a few pee pads (just in case).

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Plenty of blankets and towels as they will get peed and pooped on. Plastic trash bags to put the soiled stuff it, paper towels, food, toys, water, bowls, camera, and of course computer or tablet to send pics along the way, (hehe) There is something I am forgetting, but someone will be along to tell us. So excited for you getting your new baby.
Crate and a small bed to put on your lap. David just about covered it all. 4 hours will be a breeze of a drive really. One potty stop and you should be good, maybe two? I took a small bed when I went and got both Wilson and Emma. It was nice because it fit nice on my lap and gave them a solid place to sit/lay on while we were driving. They were in it nearly 90% of the time. How exciting for you!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Got you all beat on this one ... my hubby and daughter drove from Ohio to Arizona and back in a week. Just to pick up my baby boy Linus!!! They obviously had to stay in doggy friendly hotels, and luckily Linus was and is a cuddle bug. So on the drive he just snuggled with my daughter. But I think the puppy pads were the most essential thing they could have ever had. Luckily Linus was used to peeing and pooping on them so he automatically went on them each time. Even in hotels he would sleep in the same bed as my daughter, and they would put a puppy pad at the end of the bed ... every night he would get up .. go to the puppy pad and pee.. then come back up to my daughter and continue to snuggle.

If it's only four hours ........... I'm guessing that although it may seem like an eternity to you, it will be a power nap to your new baby!!

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
Got you all beat on this one ... my hubby and daughter drove from Ohio to Arizona and back in a week.

Good breeders are hard to come across. Thankfully we found one in our state, but we were fully prepared to travel! IDK about the length you did tho- good gawd :blink:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Good breeders are hard to come across. Thankfully we found one in our state, but we were fully prepared to travel! IDK about the length you did tho- good gawd :blink:

I saw the video of him being born ... and it was love at first sight .... :luv:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.